Myst

Anyone remember Myst? How about Mystcraft, the Minecraft mod? The basic concept is this:

You can write magic books, and then use them to travel to the worlds that these books describe.

Now, I've made this in Don't Starve!

Check it out! It's pretty cool (and took me ages). Geddit? 'Cuz the worlds are called ages.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/files/file/1457-myst/

3 hours ago, MeingroessterFan said:

Apparently I cannot craft descriptive books. Whenever I do, all the materials disappear from my inventory, but I don't get a book for my troubles. Crafting linking books and everything else works just fine.

Whoops! Missed that. A new version has been uploaded, with the issue resolved.

Right, the issue is indeed fixed now. I'm currently messing around a bit with the books in "creative mode" (aka using the ToomanyItems mod), and it seems to work just as intended. I can definitely see myself using this mod in future play sessions, it's a very interesting and useful functionality. What would make it even better would be some form of world manipulation via the writing desk, as in giving the new worlds different properties (in the same way as the Mystcraft mod for Minecraft). Either way, good work! I'll keep an eye on this one :) 

Archived