Mammoth Beetle

I came across some pokemon fanart when researching something else Don't Starve related and came upon a unique looking critter and immediately thought, "the caves would really feel more lively with this fella around" and the idea hit me he looked like a Mammoth or Elephant but also had beetle-esq traits and it felt like a perfect cave themed Koalefant of sorts.

mind_control_by_darksilvania-d79cvny.jpg

This is an edited version of the original image I found, credit goes to this fine gentleman on Deviant art.

But he does feel very pokemon-y and not very Don't starve-esq so I gave a crack at making a more fitting appearance in Spore (makes perfect sense i know) the end result was this.2016-02-29_00001.jpg.29255a741d13dd9ab06

Notable changes include smooth tusks, the addition of lagre cute ears/antennae, and a proper insect mandible. As well as the eyes being more forward and above the tusks, mostly cause spore didn't want to try the other way around. I also coloured it a dark stony/navy blue since brown didn't quite appeal to me. I'd love to see this guy in the caves though.

Archived