Ranged Giant

I get SW is at the end of its development cycle so this literally won't happen unless this was already their intention, but I want to hear the community's interest in this idea:

We need more variety in how we fight giants because typically its just learning a different attack pattern and kiting as usual. Why not make a boss that REQUIRES ranged weapons only. So what if the Kraken, which is the supposed 3rd giant coming this week, emerged from the lava in the volcano and you had to dodge his ranged attacks (say flinging lava that land in puddles like the dragoon spit) and melee attacks (like slapping his tentacles at you on land), but you could only shoot back at him. If his attacks were precise and rapid, it would take fast reactions to know when you have a window to shoot a couple spearguns/blowdarts at him without getting burned/smacked. When killed, his loot would be thrown to the land, similarly to how the prime apes toss their loot at you when you give them bananas. If done right, I think it could be an exciting, fresh feeling to a giant fight. (Alternatively, he could start on land and at half health jump/crawl into the lava for the other half of the fight)

Thoughts?

Definitely, IF ranged weapons are given a buff in terms of their cost vs damage output.

Currently, all ranged weapons (bar the harpoon) don't do that much damage at all, or at least compared to other weapons. 3 hits with a spear deals the same amount of damage as a blowdart, so few people will ever choose the more expensive, ranged options. 

Maybe if they improved the boat weaponry, or made hunting and naval ships for combat (hunting boats being more efficient at taking out weaker opponents quickly, and the naval ship being able to deal massive amounts of damage albeit with low maneuverability and high running costs for ammo), then such an idea would make sense.

And I'm only suggesting that boat weaponry is buffed, and not that used on land, because we don't want to be able to hunt crabs and birds too easily, right? You gotta keep it balanced somehow. Plus, naval combat is a joke right now.

Other than that, nice idea! The kraken could even - and excuse the cliché - have weak spots on certain tentacles which would change over time, making the combat a bit more challenging and less spammy.

Archived