The magic seal really has no worthwhile uses

In RoG all giants, maybe with the exception of the dragonfly, had great drops that would provide a  big long term gain that would help you survive the upcoming season, the tigershark is handled ok IMO, but the sealnado is another story. The howling conch is basically useless, unless you also happen to have the sail stick, but why would you need to kill the same boss  twice to get it's drops to be even slightly worthwhile? The sail stick is kinda ok... In hurricane season... Why not just have it be the Shipwrecked walking cane, and replace it in the slot machine. 

Tl:Dr

Howling conch and sail stick aren't very good unless you have both of them at once.

I don't understand why having both of them at the same time is a good thing.

But, I understand what you mean. The deerclops had the eyeballs, the bearger had the hibearnation vest, the Goose Moose had the weather pain (a bit crap and expensive) and the luxury fan (pretty useful), and the dragonfly gave you the scalemail, so you could actually fight him in melee combat next time, or the scaled chest, which was almost purely cosmetic.

The sealnado has the iron wind - which, I admit, is pretty good boss loot - and the stupid magic stuff.

Maybe they could use the magic seal as a companion, which could be crafted with a shadow manipulator and would follow you at all times. It would basically act like glommer, only without the goop.

Can't see anything bad about magic seal. It's a rare item you can fully make use of after you beat sealnado twice. 

On the side note, I think meeting 2nd sealnado could be spiced up. Depending on whether you have killed his seal form, killing tornado form 2nd time could spawn a seal looking like vengeance seeking family member (maybe with a little scar or eyepatch?). Little reskin but would bring smile at least to my face when first encountered. You could take it even a step further and give him rarely used special attack.

On 21/02/2016 at 9:19 AM, magia said:

Can't see anything bad about magic seal. It's a rare item you can fully make use of after you beat sealnado twice. 

On the side note, I think meeting 2nd sealnado could be spiced up. Depending on whether you have killed his seal form, killing tornado form 2nd time could spawn a seal looking like vengeance seeking family member (maybe with a little scar or eyepatch?). Little reskin but would bring smile at least to my face when first encountered. You could take it even a step further and give him rarely used special attack.

I wish they did this for all giants if I'm honest. Having to fight the same old deerclops/bearger/moosegoose/dragonfly every season cycle got boring after learning the kiting patterns; or, in the dragonfly's case, lack of one.

Just make them more powerful the more times you kill them. This would make you think twice before going after them, as it could have negative consequences in the future. 

Damaged and scarred versions of their normal self would be super cool too, I'm the sense that you would lose more sanity around them and the aura would have a bigger radius. When in this form, they would aggro on you straight away rather than doing whatever they normally do when not provoked, and would reset to their normal form if killed in this state for the next season cycle. They could also have different drops depending on how damaged they are, like their internal organs which could be used in magic and healing recipes.

Archived