Inability To Start a DST Dedicated Server

I have tried to start my own DST Dedicated Server many times, I have also used many guides that may have seemed viable options at the time, but I still can't figure it out. I have used the Dedicated Server Quick Setup Guide Windows ~ V2C, I have followed the instructions to the letter, but I get the same result.

[200] Account Failed (6): "E_INVALID_TOKEN"
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!! Your Server Will Not Start !!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No auth token could be found.
To generate a cluster_token you must
open the console from a logged-in game
client with the tilda key (~ / ù) and type:
TheNet:GenerateClusterToken()
This will create 'cluster_token.txt' in
your client settings directory. Copy this
into your cluster settings directory.
[Connect] PendingConnection::Reset(true)

If anyone has an idea on how to help me out, please let me know.

@Zillvr I have updated my DST client before I generated my token through the Generate Server Token found in the Acct Info button, I have used the new tokens that I generated and nothing works. I still don't know how to fix the problem.

One thing though, how do you even use the SteamCMD thing, it didn't come with instructions and the guide that@V2C has made didn't tell you what to do with the SteamCMD console.

@ChromeSpear It does, the guide tells you to download and install SteamCMD in step 1. All the necessary steps you need to install it are in the link provided, SteamCMD. Then in step 11, you have to create the batch files which utilizes the installed SteamCMD. Since you got to a part where the Server Windows are outputting "E_INVALID_TOKEN", I'm suspecting you already did everything right with Steam CMD.

Can you post a screenshot of your \Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether and inside your MyDediServer?

If you are on Windows 10, you can just press PrtScn and open Paint then press Ctrl + V. Save it then send it. There are other methods of taking screenshots. So if you did those check under C:\Users\Username\Pictures\Screenshots if they're there.

Hey @ChromeSpear I believe the cluster.ini's  file type under MyDediServer should be Configuration Settings like how file named client in Document\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether is. In your screenshots the cluster.ini is just a Text Document. Try and open the cluster.ini again then Click File>Save As>Select All Files (*.*) for Save As Type at the bottom of the Save As Dialog>Set File name to "cluster.ini">Save In MyDediServer

Then start up the server again to check if it works.

Archived