coding heater components?

I'm working on a custom creature mod right now, and this creature is basically supposed to absorb heat.

I looked at the heater component, but I couldn't figure out how to make this thing radiate an endothermic aura, especially since most of the functions related to coldness were local functions and I was hesitant to just copy them over in case I was doing things wrong.

I'm also using the base code for hounds because of the ice hounds ice explosion, but there are certain things in the code I think need to be removed but I'm not completely sure.

One last question, how do I set up 4-faced animations correctly in spriter?

3 hours ago, Muche said:

Chilled amulet, Endothermic fire, Ice hat, Minifan and Thermal stone use inst.components.heater:SetThermics(false, true).

don't all of those need to be equipped though? (besides the fire)

Sure; amulet, ice hat and minifan need to be equipped and set heater.equippedheat, thermal stone needs to be in the inventory and sets heater.carriedheatfn, camp/endo-fires set heater.heatfn. They all are checked in the Temperature:OnUpdate. For a constant temperature heat source heater.heat seems to be sufficient.

9 hours ago, Muche said:

Sure; amulet, ice hat and minifan need to be equipped and set heater.equippedheat, thermal stone needs to be in the inventory and sets heater.carriedheatfn, camp/endo-fires set heater.heatfn. They all are checked in the Temperature:OnUpdate. For a constant temperature heat source heater.heat seems to be sufficient.

alright, I think I've got that code down now.

but what about getting 4-face animations to work? How do I set that up in the stategraph?