Finding lua files on Mac OS

Ok, so I've googled for days, but I cannot find the .lua files anywhere (even after showing hidden files) on my Mac to be able to update the max players from 6 to 10. I'm just not even sure if it's possible at this point. (I'm running El Capitan, 10.11.1, FYI.)

Here's what the folder is showing:

DST Files Mac OS

Any help would be great, it'd just be nice not to rely on the same person every single time to host.

3 hours ago, AdorkableMe said:

Any help would be great, it'd just be nice not to rely on the same person every single time to host.

You're in the right location if you're looking for the server save data (simply copy paste and to the person hosting the server). There is already a mod which allows more players on a server [ http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=360770741&searchtext=max+player ].

Of course my post was incomplete, as this one may be, since I have just started to dig into the files. The rest of the .lua files are located somewhere else on your Mac. The way you find them is: 

1. In Finder, hit ShiftCommandG (or get to 'go to folder' in the the Go menu).

2. Type/paste ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common into the window and select go.

3. Right-click on dontstarve_steam.app under the Don't Starve Together folder and select 'Show Package Contents.'

4. Dig into the Contents/data/scripts folder and voila, .lua files. As well as any other data files anyone interested in modding will want to access.

I am now getting back to figuring out which mods are crashing my game. And, as a result, trying to decide whether to write my own. Which is what sent me down the rabbit hole of tracking down the .lua and data files.

Good luck.

• Thanks 1