PvP fighting, combat log, server-hopping, 1VS2

1. I actually feel always ashamed, when I fight someone, since PvP-ing in DST has no higher skill requirements. You need to disable movement predictions and have lower ping. The rest depends on the player fighting styles. Most will run away and I need to run after them until they starve, freeze to death or get the last hit by me. Thats ridiculous and has nothing to do with honor. Most of the dudes, who hit me and realize later they don't stand a chance, are fleeing like rats into caves or just leaving the server for some minutes. Seriously! Thats not PvP anymore. Thats 'who hacks the game most'.

Fighting must be changed a little and it should not depend on the players network latency, who win.

2. About migrating from server to server (entering or leaving caves).

Problem: People with better network bandwidth are using the migration process in order to wait for his opponent on the other side (they are fleeing from) and hit them, when he spawns in the other world)

Solution: The server, which is being entered, must check right before it spawns the first player, if another one is also using the gate (cave-entrace / cave-exit). If there are someone, then it waits for the other character, until it is also ready. When both characters are ready to spawn and there are no other people entering the world through the same gate, the server will spawn both at the same time. Of course there can be implemented a timeout for the waiting of additional joining player.

Another problem: The fleeing people using an exit or entrance to leave the whole world. They press on 'disconnect' when they are entering the other world.

Solution: While people are fighting (for example marking them by attacking other player withing a minute), they cannot enter other worlds through exits or entrances.

3. Combat logging

Problem: lack of honor

Solution: While in combat mode (for example marking them by attacking other player withing a minute), leaving worlds will be recognised as combat logging. Doing this will decrease their maximal health cap by 20 or 25. Another penalty could be, that they are dropping something randomly from their inventory while despawning. "Leave in peace" 

4. Fighting six noobs is still very easy. Fighting two experienced people will be more trickier espeacilly when both will stun lock you. Getting stunned should only be possible by one character at the same time. If another character is hitting a guy, who is already getting hit, then his hits will do damage on him, but will not stun him. Even with this change or suggestion, PvP with higher amounts of player will still be very difficult but not impossible.

Archived