Tyrant
A fictional Don't Stave Together story

We returned to the base celebrating our victory. Even if it was a minor one, I had big plans for this eye bone. We had a feast of victory, cooking six meatballs. Not the most impressive feast, but we had to save our jerky for later. Even though we had 40 jerky, it would fly by quickly healing various battle wounds. The King and his minions were probably furious at losing the eye bone, but I had a brilliant idea. I typed into chat telling the world I would be willing to trade the eye bone for rare supplies. Immediately one of the Wolfgang's from the fortress offered to pay a huge amount for it. After some negotiations, we settled on: 15 gold, 10 living logs, 10 nightmare fuel, and 3 purple gems. But, only on the condition we trade near a sinkhole near spawn, and they neither of us were armed. 

I sensed a trap, but this was going to have a big payout of it worked. The trade was scheduled for tomorrow, so we prepared our weaponry and armour for the battle I suspected would happen. The next morning we set out to the sinkhole. We got there, and as promised stood a Woodie in a top hat beside a chest. Once we approached, he told me to give him the eye bone (which still hadn't spawned Chester). The Woodie was unarmed, so I seriously considered killing him and bolting with the loot from the chest. I had Wickerbottom and Wigfrid surround him in case he tried to make a break for it. Woodie seemed to sense what I was doing and reminded me that this was a peaceful trade, and that I was to remain unarmed. I proceed to open the chest, probably not the most polite move, but I wasn't too concerned about diplomacy. It had nine rot in it, one in each slot.

Woodie must have given a signal of some sort, because on cue, the two Wolfgang's we battled at the fort emerged from the sinkhole. They were armed with dark swords and nightmare armour, and Woodie drew a dark sword and equipped his own pair of nightmare armour. I guess they weren't messing around anymore. I knew this was a trap, I just didn't know they we're going to be this diplomatic. We engaged our heavily armed foes, but we were outgunned. We tried to fight, Wickerbottom and Wigfrid battled the Wolfgang's while I clashed with Woodie. We were both pretty even at kiting, but he had an edge with his better gear. We were forced to retreat, and we ran over to spawn. Luckily, there were five new spawns near the portal. They had set up a little base, with a fire pit and chest. More importantly, the base had a Webber, two Willow's and two Wigfrid's. We ran right through their base with Woodie and co hot on our heels. Like many new spawns, the Willow's and Wigfrid's attacked the nightmare wielding trespassers with no regard for their own lives.

They were quickly killed, but it gave us enough time to run far enough away and jump through a wormhole. We lost them, but now we were far away from our base and it was late autumn. We needed to get back and prepare for winter. If we went though the wormhole, surely they would find us, so we took a detour. It took us two days to get back to our base, and it was two more days until winter. But when we did get back, our base had been torched. The only thing that was unburnt was sign, obviously placed by the culprit. I examined the sign, it read: "You should have given us the eye bone". It had no signature, but Woodie had obviously found our base and placed the sign. We needed to strike back. I sent Wigfrid into the caves to gather glow berries, we would need moggles. Wolfgang and I crafted a new science machine and made winter hats.

We spent the first few days of winter preparing. We gathered gold for an alchemy engine, and eventually Wigfrid returned and we made two pairs of moggles. About halfway through winter, we had all the supplies we needed to launch our assault on The King's base. The day of the attack, we arrived at the base at dusk, and we had all our gear. I had armour, but I was wearing a puffy vest for maximum warmth. Once night fell, the three of us donned our moggles and infiltrated the base. Our first obstacle was the Wolfgang's at the entrance, so we dropped a light bulb and once they went to investigate we slipped past them. I sent Wolfgang to hammer down the ice boxes while me and Wigfrid continued. I was glad winter nights were so long, otherwise this plan wouldn't be possible. We spotted another campfire closer inside the base, it was surrounded by Woodie, two Wendy's and a Wilson. I guessed these must be the people who cook the crock pot food, except for Woodie. We continued to the centre of the base. 

We found the Pig King, and a occupied tent beside him. But more importantly was the chests near the Pig King. We opened them and they had all sorts of goodies. We grabbed a bunch of gold and gems. Wigfrid continued looting the chests, but I approached the tent. I light it on fire with my torch, and as it began to smoulder it's occupant emerged. It was a WX-78 wearing a thulecite crown. 

13 hours ago, MiniKeeper said:

I was glad winter nights were so long, otherwise this plan wouldn't be possible.

^ Maybe rephrase this? ;)

Nice suspense! The ending was such a cliff hanger... although, the build-up to it was a little... well, anti-climactic O__O

I can't wait to read what happens with the Tyrant! :D

5 hours ago, Asparagus said:

^ Maybe rephrase this? ;)

Nice suspense! The ending was such a cliff hanger... although, the build-up to it was a little... well, anti-climactic O__O

I can't wait to read what happens with the Tyrant! :D

Fixed that. Yeah, I rushed the ending a little bit. 

Archived