Armageddon

Armageddon  
A fictional Don't Starve story
From WX-78's point of view following Aftermath

They never expected a meat effigy down here, I thought to myself. I revived at my fail safe cave base. It had a chest, crock pot, and an ice box. The meat effigy was beside a light flower, and lying beside the chest, still in the darkness, was the Krampus Sack. I quickly prepared my supplies, I had left supplies in the chest and jerky in the ice box. I quickly withdrew my supplies: moggles, water balloons, a stack of killed bees, and my personal favourite, sleep darts. The Krampus Sack also had stuff, blow darks, grass, twigs, and other goodies. But I had to move quickly, soon that Wes, smarter than most, would be coming for his sack. 

I knew I couldn't win a war between us, since he had a small army with him. They had even bested my brilliant dragonfly trap, I knew that I had to even the odds. And what better way than to call in some backup? After two quick skype messages, two of my friends quickly joined me. They had joined, one as Wigfrid and the other as Wolfgang. I told them to gather supplies and stay near the portal, I just needed some other things before I met them. I quickly began the trek to the surface, but something unexpected happened. I encountered a Wickerbottom and Wendy duo exploring the caves. Luckily, I was wearing my trusty moggles. Wickerbottom had a lantern, and Wendy had a pickaxe, they were obviously looking for the Krampus Sack. 

I could have let them find my empty base, and avoided detection with my moggles, but I decided to send Wes a message. I followed them just outside of their lantern range, and eventually they built a campfire to cook some food. Now was my time to strike, I dropped a light bulb and quickly stepped away. My plan was a success, Wendy drew a torch and went to investigate while Wickerbottom kept cooking food. Once Wendy picked up the bulb, I threw two water balloons, extinguishing the fire. Wendy rushed back to Wickerbottom, who drew her lantern, but I quickly fired two blow darts, killing Wickerbottom. Wendy tried to run, but her torch's low light radius allowed me to catch and kill her with my spear. The two ghosts quietly floated away, probably back to the surface to revive at the portal. I looted them, they didn't have anything of value, but I took all their food. Meanwhile, my two friends had been doing quite well, they had got their hands on a volt goat horn, which was part of my master plan. 

The two of they were science grinding, but it was hard considering it was the middle of summer. I gathered some gold from the caves and went to the surface, where I heard Wes and co planning to hunt down me and the Krampus Sack. Fortunately, they didn't know I now had some teammates. I journeyed to the surface and met my teammates at the portal, and Wigfrid had made a morning star out of the volt goat horn, all part of my final plan, only a few more steps until we could go on the offensive. We waited until the end of summer, gathering resources, and hiding from Wes and co. We had some close calls, but we gathered the supplies we needed, and Wolfgang found a base. Not Wes' personal base, but the base of the people he was using to hunt me down. It was pretty fortified, and there were spiders everywhere outside of it. If we attacked, the Webber who lived there could quickly summon a spider army to deal with us. Forcing our way into the base was impossible, so we would have to use an elaborate plan.

First we had to deal with the spiders, so we gathered about 25 killer bees. We prepared gunpowder for the walls, and, with a lot of trading, Wigfrid managed to get her hands on a weather pain. I grabbed the last thing we would need, a fire staff, and we set off to the base. Once we were a safe distance away, we set up a little campsite, with a tent and crock pot. We planned our assault: We would place the killer bees to deal with the spiders, then we would use the gunpowder on the walls. Once that was done, we would use the weather pain to destroy the flingomatics, while I used the fire staff to burn down the base. After the base was burning, we would quickly loot the chests and then escape before backup arrived. As day broke we got into position. We carefully lured the spiders and distracted them with killer bees. But, one of the tier 3 nests turned into a spider queen, something I hadn't prepared for. We continued the plan, I had Wolfgang plant the gunpowder, but the spiders had quickly killed all the bees. Before Wolfgang could detonate the explosives, the queen and her minions attacked my ally. 

I used my fire staff on the queen, but by now Wendy had come to investigate. Things were falling apart, fortunately the flaming queen had blew up the wall, but Wolfgang was so low on health he had to retreat. Wigfrid ran through the ruined wall and attacked Wendy, but Wendy quickly called in Wilson, who was tending the drying racks for backup. She didn't had time to explain what was going on though, so we still had the element of surprise. I distracted the queen with a boomerang, I hoped to lure it into the base so it would fight our enemies for us. I managed to lure her into the base, but Wilson arrived in full battle armour. He quickly charged me, clad in a football helmet and a log suit. 

If I backed up, the queen and her spiders would kill me, and if I fought Wilson, the queen would still kill me. Fortunately, I was prepared, I spammed sleep darts at Wilson and left him to be spider food while I ran into the base remembering how much I love sleep darts. Meanwhile, Wolfgang had still been helpful, he ran to the back of the base and broke the walls down, making us an escape exit. Wigfrid was chasing Wendy, but Webber had arrived near the front of the base. He quickly recruited an army from the queen's horde and charged into the base with his seven spiders. I fled from his army into the base, where Wigfrid had already destroyed two of the five flingomatics. I instructed Wolfgang to hammer down the remaining flingomatics while Wigfrid and I dealt with Webber. Wigfrid fired two tornadoes from the weather pain, crippling the spider army and forcing Webber and his reduced army of three spiders into melee combat with me. But in the process giving Wendy enough time to grab the bird from the birdcage and murder it, summoning Abigail.

Wigfrid was quickly flanked by a returning Wendy, now with Abigail. Wigfrid was being stunlocked but I had to deal with Webber first. We engaged in combat, he had superior gear, but I had teammates. It was an even battle, neither of us able to kite the other, but I had to act quickly. Wolfgang alerted me that Wickerbottom had arrived and was chasing him, while Wigfrid had managed to escape from being stunlocked, but was now on the run. If Wes arrived with his gear we were surely doomed. But it was almost night, perhaps I could stall until night, which was only two clock segments away, I could finish this fight. I used my fire staff on Webber, but he charged me. I got two hits on him, but his spiders hit me multiple times and I backed up.  Night fell, and Webber drew a torch and followed in pursuit. But I had enough distance to plant a bee mine, and Webber walked right into it. The bee mine would hopefully distracted him long enough for me to help Wigfrid. I ran after Wendy with my moggles on, and I threw my boomerang at Abigail. With the ghost distracted, Wigfrid turned around and caught Wendy by surprise, getting almost a dozen hits before Wendy escaped. But Wendy wouldn't go far, in her haste she ran into the night without a torch, and when she stopped to make one Wigfrid killed her with a blow dart. Webber came running over to Abigail, who was in hot pursuit of me. But Webber misclicked, a fatal error. He attacked Abigail with his torch, causing her to aggro on him instead. As Webber battled the ghost, I regrouped with Wigfrid and we destroyed the remaining flingomatics. 

Wolfgang had managed to outrun Wickerbottom, and was back at the base waiting for us. Day began, and I knew we needed to get out of here. We only really had one option though, to torch the base and flee. But that wasn't what I wanted, I wanted to loot the chests, and just torching the base wouldn't be a real victory. I wasn't sure what to do, fight the odds just to loot the base, or torch it and run? I told Wigfrid to stall Webber while I looted the chests. I ran over and began searching, taking nightmare fuel, purple gems and any of their magical items. I ran over to the shadow manipulator, making one of my favourite toys: the Telelocator Staff. Wigfrid was winning a melee battle with Webber, but Wes was going to arrive soon. I quickly made the staff, and I used my fire staff to light part of the base aflame. Webber had managed to out-kite Wigfrid and forced Wigfrid to the centre of the base, where Wes and Wickerbottom blocked out entrance. 

We were trapped, if we fled through the entrance, the queen would catch us, but if we fled through the exit Wolfgang made, Wes would catch us. But, then Wes offered us a deal. If we gave him the Krampus Sack, we could go free. I normally would never give up the sack I worked so hard to steal, but the situation looked grim. I debated using the Telelocator Staff, but only one of us could escape. Wigfrid had been essential to this plan, and leaving her behind was out of the question. But if I saved her, I would be killed by Wes' ranged weaponry. When it was clear Wes knew that we wouldn't give him the sack, I used the Telelocator Staff on Wes, teleporting him to some unknown location. 

Wigfrid and I battled valiantly against our two opponents, but they found hard as well. We eventually forced Webber to retreat and killed Wickerbottom. We quickly went over to the chests and grabbed some of the remaining loot. There wasn't anything particularly good, but we grabbed anything that was of value. We didn't waste time torching the rest of the base, although we had only burned the drying racks, we knew Webber would soon return. As dusk fell, we ran through the exit in the wall back to our temporary base. Back at our temporary base, we spent the night recoving and preparing to decent back into the caves. As day broke, we made our way back to the sinkhole. We had won the day, bested the odds and lived. Although I felt our victory was mostly luck, perhaps this would not be my last encounter with Wes...

43 minutes ago, MiniKeeper said:

blow darks

^?

This was an awesome read... full of action and... immersive imagery... *cough* *cough* skype *cough* cough* ;)

It makes good use of the "Wes is pure evil" trope but at the same time, you are the anti-hero...

43 minutes ago, MiniKeeper said:

I normally would never give up the sack I worked so hard to steal

I am conflicted which amazes me... I would imagine the people in Terminus from TWD, as you guys, but less cannibalistic... murderous yes. :)

56a1a481ddbdc_opupvote.gif.80e7cd70d9ef1

Spoiler

wait, " A fictional Don't Starve story "... so it didn't happen? But what about the skype call? O__O

10 hours ago, Asparagus said:

^? Ah typos, my posts have lots of typos. I tend to misspell went I'm writing a story like this. 

This was an awesome read... full of action and... immersive imagery... *cough* *cough* skype *cough* cough* ;)Since when couldn't Skype exist in fiction? I thought there should be some semi-realistic explanation on how WX-78 summoned his allies. 

It makes good use of the "Wes is pure evil" trope but at the same time, you are the anti-hero... 

I am conflicted which amazes me... I would imagine the people in Terminus from TWD, as you guys, but less cannibalistic... murderous yes. :)Thanks for taking the time to respond :p

56a1a481ddbdc_opupvote.gif.80e7cd70d9ef1

Reveal hidden contents

wait, " A fictional Don't Starve story "... so it didn't happen? But what about the skype call? O__O

Archived