[Bug Report] Something wrong with saving

Spuddywuddy

Something is amiss with the saving system. I felt something was wrong so i payed extra attention to it and i seem right.

The game does not save the current state when i click 'save and exit'. Instead it loads a state from a few minutes earlier when i restart the game. I'm not sure if it loads the last autosave or not.

View full bug

Getting the log.txt of your issue should help diagnose precisely what's happening, first do the following:

• Play in-game for a while, maybe a whole day just to be safe.
  • Save and exit game, quit game.
  • Go to Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve.
  • Then copy the log.txt file to your desktop (or anywhere else) and rename it as "beforeExit-log.txt"
  • Start up game again.
  • Open save, see if the world reverted back to a previous state which was before you originally save and exited the game on step 2.
  • Save and exit game, quit game.
  • Go to Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve.
  • Then copy the log.txt file to your desktop (or anywhere else) but rename it as "afterExit-log.txt"

Now all you have to do is attach those two log files that the game generates before and after you save and exit the game. That would definitely give the devs an idea of what could be going wrong. Lastly, while you wait for the devs to reply maybe you should try to verify the integrity of the game cache on steam. That usually helps fix some issues. Good luck, cheers.