[Suggestion]Wastrel & Better WX

Gotheran

wastrel_by_syk_coletrane-d9omr6f.jpg

Shush I'm a terrible artist...

That said Wastrel is an idea I had to replace WX in some regard, with him "eating" poo obviously in place of gears. And since poo is far more common he also has alot of thought put into balancing those upgrades.

As Wastrel upgrades:

• He moves more and more slowly as he's becoming a larger pile of poo.
  • His stats get pretty high similarly to WX's current setup
  • He may get to big to wear clothes, backpacks should be fine though

But there are many ways in which the upgrades can be downgraded or even stunted:

• Wastrel takes rain damage much like WX, but loses upgrade progress for taking too much rain damage 1-2 upgrades lost every 10hp?
  • Wastrel is a bit too flammable, too much fire damage will cause him to lose progress
  • Randomly a poo may be bad for Wastrel and knock off upgrades instead of add them (super low chance)
  • In extreme heat & cold, Wastrel's body hardens up and cannot receive or lose upgrades during this time.
  • Especially in the spring, wastrels body tend to leave part of itself behind as he walks, and he may lose upgrades simply on the spot
  • poo does not heal stats merely raise max cap
  • Options menu with difficulty settings allowing Wastrel to lose enough upgrade progress to have 0 max health and thus die. Sanity is capped at a lower limit of 30, hunger at 20. when set to easy mode health caps at 25 minimum
  • Similarly to how he slows down as he gets bigger, wastrel gets faster as he loses progress. (not super fast at minimum stats but noticeably faster) He also loses combat power, but does not gain it past his spawning level.

Now aside from some of these changes, this character is a bit redundant with WX hanging around as he has all the benefit of the upgrade system without the downsides. So I'm putting out the call to Klei , or Cappy since they're working on SW, to properly update WX to make him a modular robot, similar to the WX overhaul, but more extensive, water proofing upgrades, temperature control, added health/sanity/hunger values that trade off one another for either a really crazy high single stat or a comfortably elevated set of all the stats so applying all hunger upgrades would give him like 400+ hunger value, but he'd be at less than 100 hp/sanity as a result, upgrades to make him fight harder at the cost of possibly taking more damage, or move faster at the cost of hunger rate, or maybe more natural defence but he can't move as fast or hit as hard, plausibly even a lightning rod upgrade that encourages lightning strikes to target him even more but the effect isn't as potent or last as long, or an insulation upgrade to reduce the chance, but increase the duration of the effect (cause the energy is taking longer to escape his body)

56a1445760519_WXIdea.thumb.png.aaa8c3b7f

As for Wastrel, I am no artist (as I mentioned above) so I won't be able to cover an art aspect side of things, but I'm willing to write all the dialogue for the character but that's about all I can manage.

Archived