Does cave server save when overworld server shuts down?

I have two servers, one master server for overworld and one slave server for the cave.

When I send a "c_shutdown()" command from the client, the overworld server shuts down itself and saves its data. No problem.

But after overworld shutdown, the cave server is still alive. Is its data already saved? Or I have to somehow send "c_shutdown()" to it? If so, how? I'm on Linux and I don't see a console to send a command to the slave server.

The Caves' data should still be ok. It is alive, but noone can access it since only players from your Overworld Server can and since that has be shutdown, the Caves is effectively unaccessible. All data however are still up in the air and active if you do not have pause_when_empty = true in your cave's settings.ini under the network tag. 

You can however just enter c_shutdown() into the shell/command prompt for the Caves Dedicated Server and that would save the data for you. You'll notice the line [00:01:02]: Truncating to snapshot ###### .... in your log.txt file in the Caves Server Folder under Documets\Klei. I do believe this is the line that saves the current state that the cave server was upon shutdown. 

I hope that helps, cheers.

11 minutes ago, Zillvr said:

The Caves' data should still be ok. It is alive, but noone can access it since only players from your Overworld Server can and since that has be shutdown, the Caves is effectively unaccessible. All data however are still up in the air and active if you do not have pause_when_empty = true in your cave's settings.ini under the network tag. 

You can however just enter c_shutdown() into the shell/command prompt for the Caves Dedicated Server and that would save the data for you. You'll notice the line [00:01:02]: Truncating to snapshot ###### .... in your log.txt file in the Caves Server Folder under Documets\Klei. I do believe this is the line that saves the current state that the cave server was upon shutdown. 

I hope that helps, cheers.

But I really want to shut the both servers down so I can safely update the app.

I tried typing c_shutdown() in cave's prompt, nothing happened. It just keeps popping:

[Shard] Connecting to master...
[Shard] Connection to master failed. Waiting to reconnect...
About to start a shard with these settings:
  ShardName: caves
  ShardID: 12345678
  ShardRole: SLAVE
  MasterHost: 127.0.0.1
  MasterBind: (null)
  MasterPort: 11001
[Shard] Connecting to master...

repeat and repeat...

That happens to mine too, you just have to type the c_shutdown() command and press enter. Then the server will shutdown. Even if the prompt keeps repeating those lines, typing the command won't break the command even if it looks like it does. So just type it and press enter. 

It still doesn't work. :-(

I started my server with

./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -conf_dir DST_Overworld

It run normally. But then I typed "c_shutdown()" and enter, nothing happened. The server didn't stop. 

Archived