[BUG] Unable to select character

Sasumak

I noticed that Don't Starve got a new update and I was eager to jump on to see if there had been perhaps a new character added. As I went to select my character however, I noticed that the selection screen was blank and only showed the name of Wilson (without his picture I may add).

Just now, Sasumak said:

I noticed that Don't Starve got a new update and I was eager to jump on to see if there had been perhaps a new character added. As I went to select my character however, I noticed that the selection screen was blank and only showed the name of Wilson (without his picture I may add).

I might also add that I do not have any mods enabled and no DLC selected either.

Hey @Sasumak, have you at least tried to verify the integrity of the game cache? Another player (source) is experiencing the same thing you did but they suspect its due to one of their mods. But since you're not using any mods, try the cache thing and report back.

If that doesn't work, reply with your log.txt file found under Documents/Klei/DoNotStarve. Cheers

21 minutes ago, Zillvr said:

Hey @Sasumak, have you at least tried to verify the integrity of the game cache? Another player (source) is experiencing the same thing you did but they suspect its due to one of their mods. But since you're not using any mods, try the cache thing and report back.

If that doesn't work, reply with your log.txt file found under Documents/Klei/DoNotStarve. Cheers

Verifying the cache seemed to have done the trick! Thanks a bunch! And I was pleasantly surprised to see a little secret awaiting me when I did. ^_^

Just now, Zillvr said:

I restarted the game as well, but yeah. It works now. Warly is kicking ass. Woo.

Archived