My humble suggestions.

30+ days into my third play-through... I love the game(Aside from the menu bug cluttering up my tabs so I can't learn new stuff). Anyway - here are some of my humble suggestions.

1. Streamline fertilizing. Make the "hit box" for fertilizing plots bigger(Ideally the entire size of the plot). Its a huge pain to have to click that tiny tiny little area multiple times when you're trying to farm several plots at once. Its like I'm trying to thread a needle over and over again. It sounds like a small gripe but it becomes very annoying as the game goes on.

2. Companions. I understand the developers wanted to make this game "the best single player experience possible" so they aren't going to allow multi-player. I respect this choice(I have no choice but to!) but I think having an interactive companion would go a long way in helping this game from getting redundant. I literally ONLY play multi-player games, but I would appreciate having a pet - like maybe a robot that you can learn to construct and personalize. I realize you can tame pigs(sort of) but it can be a pain in the ass if you don't set up your camp near one, and they are quite fickle. I'm talking more about one specific friend that you can name/customize/resurrect etc.

3. Mounts. I don't want to come off as an MMO fanboy or something, but I think having mounts would be cool. Something you can learn to construct through science/alchemy and maybe fuel it on manure or something. You can make them class specific even. Hell maybe just introduce an animal type that can be tamed for riding.

4. Map tacks. No, not Map hacks - map tacks. Some way of marking your mini-map so you can make a note of something that might not be apparent otherwise. Like "Lots of rabbits here" - or perhaps "interesting/unusual land mark". Perhaps you stumbled onto an area that might might a good permanent settlement area , but its early on and you want to make note of it while searching for something even better.

Forgive me if some of these have already been suggested, this forum is really cluttered and its hard to know whats being seen and not.

Thanks for reading, let me know what you guys think.

1. Streamline fertilizing. Make the "hit box" for fertilizing plots bigger(Ideally the entire size of the plot). Its a huge pain to have to click that tiny tiny little area multiple times when you're trying to farm several plots at once. Its like I'm trying to thread a needle over and over again. It sounds like a small gripe but it becomes very annoying as the game goes on.

Never had that problem tbh (1366x768)

2. Companions. I understand the developers wanted to make this game "the best single player experience possible" so they aren't going to allow multi-player. I respect this choice(I have no choice but to!) but I think having an interactive companion would go a long way in helping this game from getting redundant. I literally ONLY play multi-player games, but I would appreciate having a pet - like maybe a robot that you can learn to construct and personalize. I realize you can tame pigs(sort of) but it can be a pain in the ass if you don't set up your camp near one, and they are quite fickle. I'm talking more about one specific friend that you can name/customize/resurrect etc.

Core of the game is feeling lonelyness, apathy, lack of friends etc. You are convicted to death without any friends. It was touching multiple times. You are alone. You should deal with it :( You can have army of pigmans or tallbirds ;)

3. Mounts. I don't want to come off as an MMO fanboy or something, but I think having mounts would be cool. Something you can learn to construct through science/alchemy and maybe fuel it on manure or something. You can make them class specific even. Hell maybe just introduce an animal type that can be tamed for riding.

Riding on Beefalos is a thing i would rlly like to see in the game but i'm not sure if it would fit into the concept. But still... :)

4. Map tacks. No, not Map hacks - map tacks. Some way of marking your mini-map so you can make a note of something that might not be apparent otherwise. Like "Lots of rabbits here" - or perhaps "interesting/unusual land mark". Perhaps you stumbled onto an area that might might a good permanent settlement area , but its early on and you want to make note of it while searching for something even better.

Changing map into something what NecroForgers suggested in his thread (http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?6642-NecroForger-Suggestions-With-pics-P Map. 1) would solved that problem.

Never had that problem tbh (1366x768)

Core of the game is feeling lonelyness, apathy, lack of friends etc. You are convicted to death without any friends. It was touching multiple times. You are alone. You should deal with it :( You can have army of pigmans or tallbirds ;)

Riding on Beefalos is a thing i would rlly like to see in the game but i'm not sure if it would fit into the concept. But still... :)

Changing map into something what NecroForgers suggested in his thread (http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?6642-NecroForger-Suggestions-With-pics-P Map. 1) would solved that problem.

1. Fertilizing hit box. I did my first play through on the standard windowed small resolution. Then every subsequent play through afterwards on the largest resolution possible - and it still is annoying if you do a lot of farming quickly. It seems nit-picky, but believe me its going to be an issue for people who like games to be polished. It feels very clunky having to really zero on on that tiny hit box to fertilize. Do this exercise ; take a plot, over over it with a seed. Now hover over it with manure. Notice the difference? Its very easy to plant seeds in plots, but its a bit of a pain to fertilize it(considerably more difficult than seeding). I really don't see any blow-back to having them both the same? It's not going to change the game in any fundamental way. There is no valid argument against this minor convenience - so I don't get why it shouldn't be implemented. Glancing around it seems like its annoying others as well. Would bet 100 red gems they fix this so its moot to even contest.

2. Companions. I tamed an army of pigmans, they changed into werepigs the first night and killed me after 40 days into my 2nd play through. Some companions! I still think being able to make a robot or something would add a lot of flavor to the game and not really detract from the sense of loneliness(its a single player PC game in 2013, the loneliness comes stock even if it was Pokemon :))

3. Mounts. I agree, riding beefalo would be hilarious. Maybe a potion you can concoct that gives you a speed boost? I just started a fresh play through after the update, and WOW are my bridges between biomes lonnnnnng. Makes my desire of a mount or a speed boost even more exageratted.

4. Map rework. Thanks for the link to that other thread, I'll have to skim through it when I have some time.

Thanks a lot for your response. I really appreciate the feedback.

Edited by spud1111

This was a complaint I raised ages ago. I found it odd that to fertilize barren soil (for the farm plot) and to plant a seed it allowed you to select anywhere on the farm plot's soil area. However, the moment you try to fertilize a growing crop/seed it becomes this tiny hit box and you need to really hunt for it. My suggestion was simple, the fertilize hit box should be the same as the others, namely, the entire soil area of the farm plot.

Yes, right now the pig men are the only humanoid companions that you can have in the game. You feed them meat and they'll remain loyal to you for a short time, helping you attack enemies and chop down trees. That being said, they are not the only companion you can have in the game. By stealing a tallbird egg you can place it near a camp fire, and if placed in the correct spot that's not too close ("sweating") and not too far ("shivering") it will eventually hatch into a smallbird. The smallbirds eat seeds to survive and word has it that in the code is the word "teenbird", so they may grow up at some point.

Other than that, there are rumors about a second humanoid race known as the "munkies". This is based on very old artwork that you can search for here on the forums.

Other than this, players have suggested taming beefalo and hounds. For me I wouldn't mind a pet or two, but I wouldn't want a person hanging out with me permanently because I prefer the game's sense of isolation. The pig men represent this best by fleeing back to their homes when the sun sets... abandoning you to the coming darkness...

Yes, this is a fairly popular topic. As noted, beefalo are a commonly suggested mount, but also in the past I suggested the tallbird. Players have also suggested crafting various vehicles as well. To date the best suggested transport method comes from me. ;)

Yes, this has been suggested. At one point the Devs hinted they would add signposts into the game that you could craft and place in the world, and these signposts would appear on the map. That hasn't happened yet. Players common suggest for ways to place a "poiint" on their maps and then type in text, so when the mouse-over the point it will display the text. So let's hope this is added, one way or the other, to the game at some point. :)

Forgive me if some of these have already been suggested, this forum is really cluttered and its hard to know whats being seen and not.

There's no need to apologize. Sure, some forum members become upset when they see someone ask for multiplayer/co-op for the 1 millionth time, but they have been told that if a thread upsets them they are simply not to respond. Personally I have no issue discussing the same suggestions over and over again, because for those people it's always the first time and they want to know. And let's be honest, a forum search showing you dozens of multi-page threads on your "topic" isn't always an appealing prospect when it comes to learning the real facts behind your question/suggestion.

Or, if you prefer, the short answer is simply this: Suggestions serve as a measuring stick for the Devs to determine what features players really want in the game. The more a suggestion is repeated, the more popular it must be.

This was a complaint I raised ages ago. I found it odd that to fertilize barren soil (for the farm plot) and to plant a seed it allowed you to select anywhere on the farm plot's soil area. However, the moment you try to fertilize a growing crop/seed it becomes this tiny hit box and you need to really hunt for it. My suggestion was simple, the fertilize hit box should be the same as the others, namely, the entire soil area of the farm plot.

Yes, right now the pig men are the only humanoid companions that you can have in the game. You feed them meat and they'll remain loyal to you for a short time, helping you attack enemies and chop down trees. That being said, they are not the only companion you can have in the game. By stealing a tallbird egg you can place it near a camp fire, and if placed in the correct spot that's not too close ("sweating") and not too far ("shivering") it will eventually hatch into a smallbird. The smallbirds eat seeds to survive and word has it that in the code is the word "teenbird", so they may grow up at some point.

Other than that, there are rumors about a second humanoid race known as the "munkies". This is based on very old artwork that you can search for here on the forums.

Other than this, players have suggested taming beefalo and hounds. For me I wouldn't mind a pet or two, but I wouldn't want a person hanging out with me permanently because I prefer the game's sense of isolation. The pig men represent this best by fleeing back to their homes when the sun sets... abandoning you to the coming darkness...

Yes, this is a fairly popular topic. As noted, beefalo are a commonly suggested mount, but also in the past I suggested the tallbird. Players have also suggested crafting various vehicles as well. To date the best suggested transport method comes from me. ;)

Yes, this has been suggested. At one point the Devs hinted they would add signposts into the game that you could craft and place in the world, and these signposts would appear on the map. That hasn't happened yet. Players common suggest for ways to place a "poiint" on their maps and then type in text, so when the mouse-over the point it will display the text. So let's hope this is added, one way or the other, to the game at some point. :)

There's no need to apologize. Sure, some forum members become upset when they see someone ask for multiplayer/co-op for the 1 millionth time, but they have been told that if a thread upsets them they are simply not to respond. Personally I have no issue discussing the same suggestions over and over again, because for those people it's always the first time and they want to know. And let's be honest, a forum search showing you dozens of multi-page threads on your "topic" isn't always an appealing prospect when it comes to learning the real facts behind your question/suggestion.

Or, if you prefer, the short answer is simply this: Suggestions serve as a measuring stick for the Devs to determine what features players really want in the game. The more a suggestion is repeated, the more popular it must be.

Good to see none of my suggestions seem unreasonable. I could probably nit-pick a few more but these 4 are the core of what I would like to see, with the first and last being a simple "quality of life" change that really wouldn't effect the game in any adverse way.

Pet wise, I still think Wilson(being a scientist) should be able to make a companion, perhaps a Frankenstein-esque creature(how fitting would that be to the aesthetic of this game and his character in particular?!). Or perhaps like I said earlier a small robot that he can power with lightning bugs or some yet-undeveloped resource. While the others maybe tame something that pre-exists in the wilderness. I'm just spit-balling though.

In regards to a mount, I'd even settle for a potion of some kind that gives you a temporary speed boost. With the current "meta" of the game being mostly "make a permanent settlement, and then take expeditions for the resources your biome lacks" - I think it would be a nice feature. Especially since some worlds can have very lengthy bridges(the only real gripe i have with my current roll).

Thanks a lot for your insight. I'm new here but you are definitely an asset to this community!

Edited by spud1111

Pet wise, I still think Wilson(being a scientist) should be able to make a companion, perhaps a Frankenstein-esque creature(how fitting would that be to the aesthetic of this game and his character in particular?!).

Well anything is possible. You could discuss this idea further by suggesting a crafting formula, whether it has durability, how it acts, ect. On a side note in an older weather-related suggestion thread we suggested that maybe the player could harness lightning bolts for a machine. Nothing permanent, but with limited uses. Of course there were few ideas other than batteries. Maybe your suggestion could use this idea instead.

Or perhaps like I said earlier a small robot that he can power with lightning bugs or some yet-undeveloped resource. While the others maybe tame something that pre-exists in the wilderness. I'm just spit-balling though.

Well we do have the Lying Robot, but be sure to keep in mind that the game takes place during the 1920's. So it would need to suit that era or the science fiction of that era.

In regards to a mount, I'd even settle for a potion of some kind that gives you a temporary speed boost. With the current "meta" of the game being mostly "make a permanent settlement, and then take expeditions for the resources your biome lacks" - I think it would be a nice feature. Especially since some worlds can have very lengthy bridges(the only real gripe i have with my current roll).

Potion... hrm. How about a tonic? Even so, I personally find the character's speed to work just fine. In fact, it's one of the elements of the game, since you're never so fast that everything is easily accessible. Also, when night rears its ugly head and you were off exploring, you can't always make it back to your base camp in time.

As for the stone bridges, I believe the Devs are planning to eventually remove them altogether, as per the test map (well, almost).