[WIP] Revamping blowguns...

Hey guys,

I am a huge fan of ranged combat and disliked the huge reed investment involved with creating the various darts, so I decided I'd try my hand at modding and overhaul how the blow darts work (so as to still keep them a challenge to use).

Currently, what I'm trying to achieve is the player having an empty blowgun, which on its own, does nothing but look pretty.  However, I want to implement something akin to how lanterns and mining helmets work to allow you to prime the blowgun and fire the dart.

I'm running into a situation where I don't understand what to use to do such.  Should I use fuel?  Should I use repairer (and if so, how does that even work?)?  Should I use something else all together?

Right now, I've created a blowgun weapon that works in game.  I have created a stack-able dart that also works.  However, I'm having trouble understanding how to get it to let me use the dart as fuel (via a right click action, like the miner helmets) to give a single use to the blowgun of that dart type.

Edited by Ecu

I would say have the blowgun use durability to shoot, and a dart worth like 10% durability.  Then maybe using the repair function might make more sense, so you can have each dart add 10% durability in essence loading the gun.

Well, code-wise this mod is still a nightmare.  However, I wanted to share some of my progress on art for the mod.

BlowgunTooth.png.6f078f364c0437043b1310bBlowgunToothBig.png.914166d492bad4a6e0d6

Blowgun and Tooth Dart in-game and higher resolution.

Blowgun.png.54f1b928c89c58c9ed3fe46050a3

Blowgun

56980b4dd74fd_FireDart.png.985bddd2cd4a7

Fire Dart in-game and slightly higher resolution.

56980cee1f3e3_DartShowcase.png.2d6a18666

Higher resolution showcase of the three dart types.

Edited by Ecu