[Client Crash] - Game crashing when trying to host server or see mods

AikoSutcliff

Bug Submission:

Category: Client Crash

Issue Title: Game crashing when trying to host server or see mods

Issue Description: It's been a long time since i've had this glitch. I click on "host server", game crashes. I click on "mods", game crashes. I reinstalled it, removed everything from the folder, verified the game integrity, removed all my mods, still crashes.

My specs are bad since my gamer laptop is gone, don't know if it's my specs.

Win XP Professional SP3

2,62GB ram (originally 4gb but they decided to install XP)

AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50 1.60GHz

75GB, 4GB are free.

That PC is from 2006/7, pretty old but I don't experience lag on Don't Starve and Together, unless the ping is high.

Steps to Reproduce: I just tried opening the "host server" and the "mods" tab

Hello @AikoSutcliff,  you should probably attach the log.txt file found under Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether. That should shed some light on the specifics of the crash. Since you've already tried manually deleting the mods' folders, are you also not able to access the Mods Screen through the Main Menu by clicking Mods?

You should probably try unsubscribing to all your mods after deleting their folders, seems like a drastic approach but it's probably something you haven't tried yet. Do take note of what mods you unsubscribe from so you can get them again next time. 

Anyways, try the method above and if it doesn't work, report back with the log.txt file cause that should really help with diagnosing your issue. Cheers.

Archived