[General] - dedicated server wont drop gifts

mad5790

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Issue Title: dedicated server wont drop gifts

Issue Description: So my Gf and i like to play DTS, and we have been playing caves beta since it got released. We have been getting regular drops every time we play, but last two days we havent goten any drops at all, and we played for at least 3h with no drops. So i was wandering if anyone can shed some light on this. We are playing on a dedicated server.

Steps to Reproduce: cant get gifts

Hello @mad5790, the cavesbeta has been abolished since the Update on Dec 23, 2015 and the skin/vanity-item/gift drops system has been implemented into the mainbranch since then. If you already know this, then I think the most logical reason for your situation could be any of the following:

• Your Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server Tools isn't updated to the latest version.
  • You have received your maximum amount of gift drops for the week. Gift drops caps out at four items per week and drops much faster the more time you play. (source) The weekly gift drop cap resets every Thursday around the same time as the Rhymes with Play Klei Dev Stream which is every Thursday at 3:30 PST.
  • If you are hosting the Dedicated Server on your own PCs, and you don't have internet. The gifts wouldn't drop. (This is unconfirmed, but that is what I've experienced. I could be wrong.)

I hope that answers or at the very least give you an idea of what could be going wrong and fix it (if possible). Good luck and have fun, cheers.

Archived