[Gameplay] - Typing with keyboard not working.

azurecyan

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Issue Title: Typing with keyboard not working.

Issue Description: I am using a Mac mini(with OS El Capitan) with the wireless keyboard and whenever I type, it will not work. Keyboard shortcuts work, but whenever I attempt to chat, change the name of servers, descriptions, or type in passwords, it will not show up or respond, just a ticking sound of when the keyboard shortcut is pressed.

Steps to Reproduce: 1. Have a Mac mini (Late 2012) with OS X El Capitan.

2. Download steam and download Don't Starve Together.

3. Run Don't Starve Together and host a game.

4. Attempt to change the world name, description, or password.

5. If it doesn't work, host game anyway and check to see if chat/whisper works in-game.

6. When in-game, press "y" to "say" and attempt to type.

7. Tell friends you cannot type or chat and that you can only private message them through Steam.

8. Watch as your friends chat in-game while you have to type through Steam message.

• Developer

I looked into this yesterday and one of the guys tried on his mac at home last night. But sadly we could not repro it. Mind you I couldn't test step 8 because i had no friends in my server...

its interesting that you can still seem to use the keyboard in the rest of the UI and ingame, just not in text boxes.

A couple of questions:

Do you have any mods installed?

Have you ever had any language mods installed?

Do you have your keyboard language set to something other then English (Canada) or (US)?

Can you verify the game cache in steam, and try again.

-- In steam: Right-click DST Beta -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity Of Game Cache...

Archived