[Gameplay] - Constant disconnecting and glitching on DST online gameplay

depaulag

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Issue Title: Constant disconnecting and glitching on DST online gameplay

Issue Description: I have been experiencing an issue where my character disconnects within minutes (or seconds) when I connect to an online server. In addition, there is a ridiculous glitch where my character will suddenly be flung 30 paces back for no reason whatsoever. Soon thereafter, I am unable to control my character for a few seconds as he flounders around wildly.

This specific glitch (not the disconnecting, which is clearly a separate problem) occurs literally every ten seconds and essentially disables my gameplay completely. I have absolutely no idea why it occurs or why it occurs so often. I am running a Mac OS X Yosemite and have had no other problems with my Mac. As infuriating as it is, I hope that other players have experienced this issue so that it can be resolved. It feels silly to pay money for a game that is almost completely unplayable, even if it is still in the Beta stages.

Steps to Reproduce: I was playing on a sever that my fiancé created; it occurs every single time I play with someone else, no matter where I am. The issue does not occur when I play DST by myself (offline).

I am having the same issue and I posted a month ago and no one from the DST team has responded. I have seen a few updates and patches and it's surprising to me that they would update small animations changes when they should prolly focus on the general performance of the game. This makes the game unplayble because I disconnect at any random moment. 

Please try to fix this or figure out a resolution so people who bought your game can actually enjoy it. 

There seems to be a setting or software that is causing an issue with your connection to online servers. There are a number of factors that can cause this rubberbanding to happen including your OS' firewall settings, anti-virus and security software, spotty or intermittent internet connections, or even the distance to the server.

To that end, we have a network and performance troubleshooting guide that may be of help: http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1941750

Archived