caves and cobblestones?

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum and just wanted to ask two (may stupid) questions:

1. The Happy Holiday December update says 'implemented caves into DST'.. is that really true? Can I find them in a self created game (playing only with friends)? I just checked out with a friend but we didn't find the entrance on the map.

2. I just can't grab ground with my pitchfork in the rock area to get cobblestones. Am I doing something wrong or isn't it implemented yet?

Hope you understand my english :)

Greetings!

Sorry for the late response, but on your topic of cobblestones, when attempting to use a pitchfork in rocky biomes, is the ground more of a gray hint, or yellow?

The reason you may not be able to use a pitchfork is because if the ground is a yellowish tint, there is no turf in place at all, which is possible for certain rocky biomes. If it's a more gray colour, you should be able to use a pitchfork and receive rocky turf.

You'll need to run a dedicated server to have caves. If you use the preconfigured server, it's not too difficult to set one up. They're not available for regular servers at the moment because running both the caves and the overworld requires the host to have two servers going at once, which the normal server hosting process isn't built for. (And a cave-only server isn't currently an option. Maybe it will be eventually.)

Archived