Anyone else have a dedicated server (Caves) running beautifully...

... only to have it bog down with lag after the first year (~90 days)? We started a dedicated server, in part, to have *less* lag than when we direct-host, but after 70 or so days the host account character is severely lagged while playing. oddly enough, guest characters coming in through LAN or internet aren't as badly affected. We have a fairly large camp area, with gardens and beehives, but we thought that the dedicated server was supposed to address some of the rendering lag?

~chris

update: after a lot of trials, it's definitely worse for him in camp, and worse when he logs in through the LAN than in through the internet, (which makes little sense to me), and worse when another character in on at the same time as him. so we're figuring it's the same old rendering issue? (Too Many Things) is there a setting in the Default Worlds (w Caves) Dedicated Servers that i missed editing which could address the rendering lag issue? i thought we'd left this behind!

how would we be able to tell? if someone connecting to the server from a different machine has no lag (or a LOT less lag) while a character connecting to the server from the same machine is having lag, i assume it would be client side? (because the server is running fine for the other character). his desktop (running the server) has a pretty robust build, but that was the only thing i could think of.

Archived