My game won't launch

When I launch my game it tells me "string "scripts/mainfunctions.lua":717: unable to write to config directory. Please make sure you have permission for your Klei save folder. LUA ERROR stack traceback: =[C]:-1 is (global) assert © <-1--1> scripts/mainfunctions.lua:717 is () ? (Lua) <706-718>". I tried to verify integrity fame cache. and I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. about a couple months ago it was working perfectly fine. But then i stopped playing for a while and now that I want to play again it doesn't work

Hey @Gary585, welcome to the forums. Have you seen this Klei Support Article yet? Try the methods mentioned in that link. I'm not entirely sure though that it would fix the issue, but since your game crashes with concerns to "permissions" and "unable to write to..." maybe the methods in the link I provided above could help. If not, I'm sorry. The devs are currently on a holiday break and they will come back on Jan 4th.(source) Until then I hope it works, goodluck. Cheers.

Archived