[Client Crash] - Immediate crash upon launch

sayuripaula

Bug Submission:

Category: Client Crash

Issue Title: Immediate crash upon launch

Issue Description: Whenever I try to launch DST through Steam, it loads a black window and, after a few seconds, crashes. Sometimes it shows a "dontstarve_steam.exe has stopped working" warning, other times the window just closes.

I updated my OS from W7 to W10, it was initially doing this, but for other reasons I had to do a clean install of W10, and after reinstalling Steam and DST it was now working. A couple of weeks later it started crashing again, and has been so since.

The standalone version of Don't Starve works fine, it's just the Steam versions of DS and DST that crash. Other Steam games work as well.

Steps to Reproduce: Assuming my computer, click Play on DST in Steam library, watch the game window load with a black background, and a few seconds later crash.

Alas, it sounds like a setting, driver, or redistributable was or were affected when you upgraded to Windows 10. You will be able to find a resolution to just about every issue that won't allow you to play Don't Starve Together. by following the steps in our Troubleshooting Guide

You can also try downloading and installing the latest Microsoft Visual C++ for your operating system as your computer may be running an older version.

Archived