[Suggestion] Warg/Poison Birchnut Balancing

Gotheran

So, Basically, I'm not sure how many people agree, but I feel that Warg, or Varg, what evah, and the Birchnut Treeguards are, a little too vicious to even be dealt with, in every encounter I've had I simply try to leave them alone.

Starting with Warg, as of right now he summons Hounds to assist him in battle, fair enough, however he summons them infinitely, and as long as he has "room" to do so, not quite so fair, I don't know about you but trying to brute force hound waves of 3+ hounds never works too well for me, and kiting gets difficult at best at that point. I'm currently not familiar with his max summon but there is a limit, however if a hound dies, or finds another thing to try and kill and ends up far enough off screen Warg can and will just summon more right then and there.

So What I propose is giving his summoning ability (potentially) a smaller summon limit if the current one is crazy (I'm thinking like if he summons over 6 hounds at a time thats too much), and giving him a long cooldown on the use of the ability as well as a "stock" of uses so he can use it repeatedly but not infinitely.

A short list to eliminate confusion:

• 6 max summon limit
  • Up to 3 uses of the summon howl "stored" at a time
  • Slow "recharge" of the Summon uses, allowing reuse of the ability without making it infinitely spammable

With the birchguard, a similar issue exists, their "BirchNutters" the minions they summon, are fairly strong and of course have numbers to their advantage, and much like Warg I feel a cooldown on the use of this ability is a must. Not only does a cooldown make him marginally easier to fight, which changes direct confrontation from impossible to difficult, but it prevents easy resource farming techniques for both enemies. I feel also their little root whip should be slightly more delayed between uses but unlike the minions they summon, not limited, after all they should be able to defend themselves.

A list for the Birch Guard changes:

• Birchnutter summon Cooldown much like Wargs. Likely less harshly as they rely on them for the bulk of their defense.
  • Larger delay between root whips, to allow the player /some/ breathing room to actually strike the Tree.

That's all she wrote.

Archived