Tips that can save your life !

Hey guys,

So i've looked for a topic listing the tips that we, experienced players, can give to the newcomers among us, and didnt find one, so here it is!

I know there must be many tutorials on how to survive, but this is really to list random tips and advice you can think of that we all can use!

So i will start with the things i already taught to some players i considered to be good already!

-Life amulet, when not worn, works like a portable touchstone in endless and survival. Try to keep one in inventory (not backpack), and if you die, haunt it and you're alive again!

-Try to find Walrus camp before winter comes, and kill it every 4 days during winter if you can, for his tooth, and his hat, the two items everyone needs. The cane is a must-have to easily survive/kill deerclops, during winter too.

-When you actually fight a giant, walking cane or not, take him on a road so you move faster. For most giants, 3 hits then run back on the road is my way to kite them to death. Use the keyboard to move, F to attack, and if you have it, quickly switch to cane after attackin to run away safely. Prepare spare armor and helmet is always good.

-Ice in an icebox never rots. Makes it a perfect filler to keep, if you already have atleast one ice flingomatic to protect your crops and chests.

-Keep the rot. Instead of burning it, fertilize with it!

-Jerky's can be given to the pig king, even monster ones. You can earn a lot of gold this way, when you don't know what else to do with those 40 monster meats but to forcefeed them to the same sad crow!

-You know Birchtree cones? Cook them in fire, then in crockpot with 2 fillers and 1 twig, or 3 fillers, and get a powerful healing item. For when you still dont have a tent, or need to go hunt that Bearger/Deer.

Well, thats all for now, i'll keep throwing stuff if the thread lives!

Shovel + Hammer = homeless moleworms

So:  Get a shovel, and a hammer.  Find a moleworm burrow, or more than one.  Wait until dusk when the moleworms come out.  Wield the hammer, put a single piece of rock on the ground to lure the moleworm, and bop it on the head with the hammer when it comes up.  While it is asleep pick it up and put it in your inventory.  Then go dig up it's burrow, this is essential as the moleworm is now homeless.

Homeless moleworms will get hungry in your inventory, and can starve, you can feed them minerals to keep them going until you find the right place for your colony.

Putting a homeless moleworm on the ground will result in it immediately burrowing into the ground.  It will then burrow a short distance and set up a new home burrow.  If it's dusk or night it'll then proceed to move around.  Note that it is an injured moleworm, you hit it with the hammer, remember, so if you try to stun it again you'll kill it.  Which is why you should bait and kill it as soon after it sets up a home burrow as is practical.

Now, a moleworm home-burrow is a good thing.  Once per day it'll produce a moleworm that you can bait with a mineral and kill for a morsel.  Alternately, if you don't kill the moleworm, you can dig up the burrow and gain anything the moleworm has gathered plus 1 mineral of some kind.  Just be sure you don't dig up the burrow after killing the moleworm, or kill the moleworm before it digs a new burrown.

So, if you make a moleworm farm of several burrows you will have:  meat every day, AND free flint/stone/gold/etc. forever.  Add some bees and you're golden until winter, and can hack through winter on the moleworms easy enough if you don't wanna go hunting Mac.

Archived