Instant Death Day 26 Shipwrecked

Can confirm this bug; it's happened to me, as well. I was crafting something (I think a cloth sail) and suddenly, I just dropped dead. Had about 145 health, by the way. I assumed I got one-shotted by a bouncy piece of hail I didn't move away from, but, according to the morgue, I died via "shenanigans" (i.e. an inexplicable phenomenon). Side note, I died on day 22.

Check your morgue. If it turns up with "shenanigans", then it must be a weird bug, and a pretty messed up one at that.

I've had this happen several times. Twice on day 22 with Wilson, once on day 21 with Wailani.

I have seen the Shenanigans cause of death before on Don't Starve Together in cases of lag. An example of a death in that case would be attacking spiders (not too tough if you do it right) but then lag doesn't allow you to properly avoid taking damage and when you catch up to the game you are dead.

Both times this happened to Wilson in Shipwrecked it was hailing. The first time I had nearly full health and then suddenly I just kept taking damage, but could not see a cause of it. The second time, I was at about 50 health and heard the damage noise, saw I was near death, then died. It did not appear that hail had hit me, but I was walking around with a torch so maybe I just couldn't see it. I don't remember the circumstances with Wailani.

My best guess at this point is that it is a bug related to hail. Hopefully it gets better.

Loving this game.

I think it can be caused by hail too. It's buggy. I was already one shot by it (from the former posts, I think there are more bugs if you carry an umbrella under hail). Now, I try to stay hidden during hail days until the bug will be fixed.

Archived