My Suggestions After playing 10 hours

Awesome, awesome, awesome game. I won't gush about how great it is because I'm sure it's been done a million times. I love the game, but I do have a few small suggestions.

1. I think rabbits should respawn in their holes a few days after they're caught. As far as I can tell once they're caught they're gone for good. It seems implausible that one person should be able to completely destroy an entire ecosystem. Furthermore, what's the point of keeping the holes around if the rabbits are gone? And all your traps end up dead weight.

2. Along similar lines, spider nests are gone forever when destroyed as far as I've noticed, and I feel like they should reappear, otherwise it becomes completely impossible to craft items that require silk (especially bird traps).

3. The long legged bird monsters that protect their eggs are easy to kill but difficulty targeting them makes for some cheap damage taken and even undeserved deaths.

4. On my game, currently I can only receive experience for playthroughs with Wilson. This seems like a bug. Is it intentional?

5. More options for animal domestication would be cool in the future. Breeding rabbits, perhaps? Butterfly farms? Problem with that is right now butterflies are pretty useless.

6. Unlocking characters is a bit tedious at the moment. By the time I've played enough to unlock them all I'll certainly be burned out. Making it a bit easier would help pacing and keep people playing longer rather than getting completely tired of the game. Just my opinion.

Once again, I love the game. It's super awesome, like a Harvest Moon type of game with a focus on wilderness survival and splash Tim Burton paint. Very beautiful and fun. Thanks for making this game, the game I never knew I wanted!

1. I think rabbits should respawn in their holes a few days after they're caught. As far as I can tell once they're caught they're gone for good. It seems implausible that one person should be able to completely destroy an entire ecosystem. Furthermore, what's the point of keeping the holes around if the rabbits are gone? And all your traps end up dead weight.

Nope, the rabbits respawn if you give them some time. The only way to permanently remove them is to use a shovel to dig-up a rabbit hole. This forces any rabbit inside the hole to come out (and run away). I wouldn't recommend this course of action unless you were desperate for food.

2. Along similar lines, spider nests are gone forever when destroyed as far as I've noticed, and I feel like they should reappear, otherwise it becomes completely impossible to craft items that require silk (especially bird traps).

Yes... and no. When a tier-1/2 spider nest is destroyed it doesn't drop anything but silk. However when you destroy a tier-3 spider nest it also drops a spider egg sac that you can place anywhere you like and it creates a new tier-1 spider nest.

3. The long legged bird monsters that protect their eggs are easy to kill but difficulty targeting them makes for some cheap damage taken and even undeserved deaths.

I wouldn't know, as I rarely fight the tallbirds. I prefer to let them live and keep spawning more eggs.

4. On my game, currently I can only receive experience for playthroughs with Wilson. This seems like a bug. Is it intentional?

All characters should recieve XP and it's caculated when they perish (this will be changed at some point).

5. More options for animal domestication would be cool in the future. Breeding rabbits, perhaps? Butterfly farms? Problem with that is right now butterflies are pretty useless.

Breeding rabbits is certainly an option... probably not so much butterflies. However you can catch live butterflies in a bug net and use them to plant flowers, which in turn can create more butterflies, ect. Butterflies serve three purposes: a food ingredient (wings), the only source of butter (yeah), and to create flowers. Flowers are important for bee boxs, as bees travel to the nearest flower and return to the bee box to create honey. The more flowers closer to the bee boxes, the faster the honey is produced.

6. Unlocking characters is a bit tedious at the moment. By the time I've played enough to unlock them all I'll certainly be burned out. Making it a bit easier would help pacing and keep people playing longer rather than getting completely tired of the game. Just my opinion.

There have been suggestions before on various ways to unlock characters. I liked the one used in the Binding of Isaac, where certain events or actions in the game, performed by the player, unlocked new characters.