So, I am running a Pre-Configured server compatible with caves.I'm trying for a multi-level server, however, when I start the server, 2 different servers pop up. The overworld server only has covered sinkholes and the caves sever is purely caves. 

The problem probably is communication between the servers, though I don't know where the issue lies. I have the master_ports the same which I figured would allow for the communication between them, but I honestly don't know what I'm doing. lol.

Hello @Liveurlifeloudly, I could be entirely wrong but I believe your issue arises from inconsistent [shard] information between those two server's settings.ini files. The Caves Server's settings.ini should have the words is_master = false under the [shard] tag. While the Overworld Server's settings.ini should have is_master = true under the [shard] tag. That will tell which is the main world(overworld) players join to and which world(caves) the players can go into from this main world(overworld).

Another thing you should look at is that the cluster_key should be exactly the same on both settings.ini of your servers. This would tell whether which servers should be linked to each other. So in conjunction with these two things and the master_port, your worlds should be working properly.

Here's some detailed explanation of it all by Ipsquiggle. (source)

I hope that makes sense. If that doesn't fix it, I'll suggest that you post both your settings.ini from both folders and also the log files generated by these two. I may not be able to diagnose the log files properly, but posting them should help get a pinpoint reason as to why that is happening and other people with better know-how be able to help you directly. Cheers.

Hello @Liveurlifeloudly, I could be entirely wrong but I believe your issue arises from inconsistent [shard] information between those two server's settings.ini files. The Caves Server's settings.ini should have the words is_master = false under the [shard] tag. While the Overworld Server's settings.ini should have is_master = true under the [shard] tag. That will tell which is the main world(overworld) players join to and which world(caves) the players can go into from this main world(overworld).

Another thing you should look at is that the cluster_key should be exactly the same on both settings.ini of your servers. This would tell whether which servers should be linked to each other. So in conjunction with these two things and the master_port, your worlds should be working properly.

Here's some detailed explanation of it all by Ipsquiggle. (source)

I hope that makes sense. If that doesn't fix it, I'll suggest that you post both your settings.ini from both folders and also the log files generated by these two. I may not be able to diagnose the log files properly, but posting them should help get a pinpoint reason as to why that is happening and other people with better know-how be able to help you directly. Cheers.

Thank you :D It works! And what you said makes sense. Happy New Year ^.^

Archived