Mod Installs and "works" but my character is invisible.

Topher780

I recently attempted to create a custom character, using the esctemplate 1.0.4 (or whatever the most recent version for vanilla DS was). When I attempted to install the mod, it seemed to be working. The game said the mod was installed, and the mod was there in the character select screen, but when I started up a world with the character, I was greeted by maxwell talking to a faint, circular shadow on the ground. The character itself was completely invisible. That, and the custom dialogue was replaced with the default wilson's dialogue that was present in the original esctemplate, but for now I'd like to focus on being able to see my character. If you could please give me any advice, I'd appreciate it.

I recently attempted to create a custom character, using the esctemplate 1.0.4 (or whatever the most recent version for vanilla DS was). When I attempted to install the mod, it seemed to be working. The game said the mod was installed, and the mod was there in the character select screen, but when I started up a world with the character, I was greeted by maxwell talking to a faint, circular shadow on the ground. The character itself was completely invisible. That, and the custom dialogue was replaced with the default wilson's dialogue that was present in the original esctemplate, but for now I'd like to focus on being able to see my character. If you could please give me any advice, I'd appreciate it.

Do you have the Mod Tools installed? If so, you should get a black box that runs a bunch of text when you start the game. That's the Sprite compiler. If that doesn't show up then you know you don't have the right programs installed

Archived