[Citadel server] Steam Update

Hi !

So i've rented two servers to run DST with Caves. Had some trouble, but now they seem to work fine, except they both run on the v159550. I cannot connect to it, and they dont even show in my servers list, because my game seems to run on the v159984. I can see the server on the online list tho (http://dstservers.jacklul.com/).

I tried the Steam Update button in the Citadel GamePanel, it did something, but version didnt change.

Any solutions?

Thanks,

Umba

mcumba,

You should either:

• opt-out caves beta branch (159984) on your computer in order to switch back to 159550, or
  • opt-in caves beta on your servers somehow (I'm not familiar with Citadel GamePanel, perhaps you could add '-beta cavesbeta' option to 'app_update 343050' SteamCMD command there).

Hi. Thanks for your answer. opt out of the caves beta indeed worked for me. The thing is everybody is on caves beta, and so my friends cannot join on it without doing it too. Plus, now i cant join some of my friends servers, which are running on the version 159984.

As for the SteamCMD and all, i absolutely dont know what ure talking about :/ I will try to investigate, thanks for your time....

Btw, the Citadel support dared to say to me "I looked into your server, and it is indeed version 159550. However, this is the latest version of Don't Starve Together. I was able to join your server without any issues.

Version 159984 is the "Caves Beta" branch of DST, so in order to be able to play on your server you need to opt out of the Caves Beta. Caves have been implemented into the main branch of the game now, and thus it is no longer necessary for you to be opted into the Caves Beta.".........

Liar

That's odd, I'm renting space from Citadel and the Steam Update button has always updated me to the beta branch, well, ever since I switched over to it that is.

I'd suggest re-contacting their support and pointing out that you're on the Beta branch, which is still testing new code related to skins, and that you aren't asking them to help with the main branch or moving you to it but want them to just fix the problem with the beta.

(feel free to aim the to my server for config. examples if you wish, I know mine still works, as of this morning)

Archived