[Crash] - Game crashes at start of level and on mission debriefing screen, also missing textures.

Bug Submission:

Category: Crash

Platform: PC

Issue Title: Game crashes at start of level and on mission debriefing screen, also missing textures.

Issue Description: I used to get occasional crashes but since installing the DLC I get crashes almost all the time now. At the start of a level there are always some missing textures, for example some objects in the level are invisible, sometimes some character portraits are invisible or just a weird green blocky object. If I save and reload, I get the same problem. But if I save and quit the game entirely, restarting the game, it usually works fine. Until I finish the level and when I try to click on another character portrait on the debriefing screen, I get a crash with error message "fatal exception occurred, an mdmp file should have been generated next to the invisibleinc.exe executable." Forcing me to reload and then it again works fine, until I select a new mission and the same problem returns. I can work around it, but it's getting really frustrating.

Steps to Reproduce: Starting a mission, and selecting characters on the debriefing screen.

• Developer

I was able to load the savegame slot ok. Because of that and the missing textures, it might be because of video memory.  

You can try changing some of the VIDEO settings in the OPTIONS menu to see if it will load fine. 

Turning off Bloom, Background FX, Lighting FX and Full Decor will all help if that's the case.

Setting the Resolution lower will also help.  

Let me know if that has any effect.

Archived