[Error] Game save loads warning screen

After playing the game for a while, on Day 41 I suddenly could not use LMB, keyboard F nor ctrl + F to attack. Finding that I could not attack any longer, I decided to restart the game. After restarting the game, I came across this warning error screen and can no longer load this particular save (check attached file).

I have come across a different bug in relation to the bamboo item but that I could just reload and play from my previous save point. This one I can't seem to get around how many times I try.

I've searched the forums and tried fixes for other similar warning screens but haven't found one exactly the same as the one I've posted and am hoping for way to revive my game. I can start a completely new game with no problem. It's just this particular save that suddenly will not run. Please help! Eeek!  :frown-new:

remote.zip

DoNotStarve.zip

post-602672-0-42514700-1449596409_thumb.

Oh dear!  :hopelessness:

Well, my save files are here: Steam/userdata/202025019/219740/remote 

and weren't in documents/Klei/DoNotStarve so I wasn't really sure what to do and just zipped each of them for you in my original post.

I hope my Maxwell isn't lost forever in limbo. 

But if he is I hope his soul hasn't left us for nothing and that this is a fixable bug.

Good luck! Thank you so much for replying so promptly and looking into it! 

:wilson_love:

I fixed it.

In Windows, the game had saved in two locations. To save last game, we need backup all them, and when restore, this game wont crash. If you only save a location, this game will crash.

1 - In folder documents has 3 file/folder(settings.ini, save, log.txt): My Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\

2 - In folder 3DMGAME has folder storage: bin\3DMGAME\3DMGAME\storage

When you want to restore last save, you can copy / paste them, and play game success, it'll not crash. 

Good luck!

Archived