Custom world?

Hi, I play DST a lot, but I'm new to single player, and I'm **** scared I screw up cause I really don't want to. Is it possible to make my own custom world so it will be safer for me? :D I couldn't really find the settings... so if it's a really simple step, I claim myself to be dumb. 

I'm planning to try out the original DS soon, just that I don't enjoy it as much without friends :( Is there then anyway to use console to spawn items? I've tried changing my settings.ini to enable console, but my commands don't seem to work.

I'm sorry I'm such a noob that's tryna cheat my way through :p please forgive me. 

I'm planning to try out the original DS soon, just that I don't enjoy it as much without friends :( Is there then anyway to use console to spawn items? I've tried changing my settings.ini to enable console, but my commands don't seem to work.

I'm sorry I'm such a noob that's tryna cheat my way through :razz: please forgive me. 

There is another step besides just enabling the console on the settings.ini

You have to type this into the console:

RunS​cript("consolecommands")

I would strongly suggest not using console (at least when starting out) though as it pretty much destroys the fun of the game and takes away any sense of mystery and magic.

I would strongly suggest not using console (at least when starting out) though as it pretty much destroys the fun of the game and takes away any sense of mystery and magic.

I'll try that, thanks. I do know that it destroys the fun, I just really HATE dying. And I'm pretty much a wimp when it comes to survival games, I just like to enjoy the game peacefully and roam and be amazed at how developers can create such a great game. Thanks for helping me out, though! Makes a difference.

Hi, sorry to bother you again after so long. I just went back to DS:SW after a long time, and I found a seriously great spawn with great areas, but I'm in need of 3 grass, I'm about to hit night, and it's raining. :( I know this won't kill me, but I'm pretty damn scared cause my previous game I loaded and died to a TNT(?) in the sea. God knows why there's a explosive in the sea. This is game is FULL of wonders. Anyway, back to the topic, I need to cheat my way through 3 grass :D And I can't spawn it, as usual. I tried typing what you suggested, I typed it manually, so I don't know if I screwed up but I don't think there's any space between the '' ; and I keyed in the exact capitalized letters. 

But all I get is '' attempt to call a nil value '' ; so please SAVE ME. Btw, is it normal that I can't copy paste into DS:SW? Because it's possible in DST.

http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Console/Commands#Simple_commands but I strongly suggest not using that. It will ruin your game experience if you start like that.

Do not go around attacking stuff. I would suggest inspecting everything before interacting with them.

About the 3 gras: Do not craft everything just when you can. Gras/Twigs/flints are something you should as much as you can and start using it when you need it. There is usually ~20 gras on your starting island though, if it's not extremly small.

Archived