FOG!

Well I did a search and didn't see anyone post on this yet so...

I was sailing around and encountered a mysterious fog bank! I thought I'd just scull gently into the edges, to see what happened... and the screen went black! And then after a short while (during which we wondered if the game had crashed) I emerged from the other side and Wilson felt something brush against his leg :o

And promptly died to Charlie x.x Which I think was nothing to do with the fog but was my own stupid fault for not having equipped a torch sooner, since I knew night was coming on. Or maybe it was whatever was brushing his leg, I'm not sure!

Afraid I didn't get a screenshot of the fog - but the revealed section of map was peculiar after I'd gone through, it showed a completely regular rectangle of ocean rather than the usual circle. This all happened in the first season by the way.

Anybody else encountered fog, or know what the mysterious thing feeling around your boat is?!

Well I did a search and didn't see anyone post on this yet so...

I was sailing around and encountered a mysterious fog bank! I thought I'd just scull gently into the edges, to see what happened... and the screen went black! And then after a short while (during which we wondered if the game had crashed) I emerged from the other side and Wilson felt something brush against his leg :o

And promptly died to Charlie x.x Which I think was nothing to do with the fog but was my own stupid fault for not having equipped a torch sooner, since I knew night was coming on. Or maybe it was whatever was brushing his leg, I'm not sure!

Afraid I didn't get a screenshot of the fog - but the revealed section of map was peculiar after I'd gone through, it showed a completely regular rectangle of ocean rather than the usual circle. This all happened in the first season by the way.

Anybody else encountered fog, or know what the mysterious thing feeling around your boat is?!

Fog is the limit of the map. It cover completely all sides/corners of the map. When you go in the fog, you lose a bit of sanity and you are transported on the opposite side of the map.

Fog is the limit of the map. It cover completely all sides/corners of the map. When you go in the fog, you lose a bit of sanity and you are transported on the opposite side of the map.

Ohh thank you :D Yes, I had been wondering where my backpack icon went, now I see it (where I wasn't looking). It's a long way to go but I had a lot of gold in there... 

I'm a bit disappointed the fog isn't some interesting new encounter or weather condition, just a containment feature. I suppose they had to use something, I just thought maybe the sea would become too rough and your characters would refuse to go there - "Last time I tried that, I ended up shipwrecked!" Nice touch with something brushing your leg though. Some giant tentacular creature whisking you away, perhaps?

Archived