Poisons Too Harrrd Waves Too Harrrrd

Gimme a break guys, this game is incredibly awesome already. I have encountered zero bugs personally other than the ones they said on release day would be there with people using controllers.... Not one time have I had any problem with game mechanics.

I know some people are getting non stop volcano showers, obv a problem. I am on day 66 and that hasn't happened YET and may not, doesn't sound like everyone has the problem. I will know the next time I play.

But people are complaining about the poison. If you can't avoid the bite of the poison snake you are obviously complaining before playing too long. Those snakes are so easy to deal with, they rare back for quite a while, and you can swing a machete or spear when you go in and kill them before they ever rare back again. And they drop the anti venom at a decent clip.

The waves are easy, whichever way they are moving on your screen (not facing cause they do face slightly different ways pending the view you are using) you can hit them, you can even get right up next to them usually going against the grain and not get wet or damage your boat. Especially when they just form.

This game ha​s more difficulty than the original don't starve obviously which was on the easy side (real easy) once you had played it a few times. This game will be much harder to progress as fast as there is more to do. But this game is absolutely stunning and I think Klei deserves some praise for it. I know that this forum is to have bugs fixed and make suggestions, but there is a lot of people just saying things are too hard and that isn't a bug or a suggestion except to make a game easier instead of learning to beat it like so many people have already (I am literally on my first run still). And someone mentioned, wait til you can customize your own worlds, it will alllllllll be adjustable at that time... We are stillllllll in Early Access.

Oh. One thing with on the poison topic that is wrong, not too hard since you can just not use it, but it is wrong, is the poison bow/dart whatever. Shouldn't shoot something and if it hits you afterwards it poisons you. But the poison in general is cake. I am sure a lot of you are saying this without even running into the mosquitos too, wait til those pop up. I have had to use antivenom 5 or 6 times probably. Easy recipe though, easy to find drop as long as you cut a few jungle trees down.

Thank you Klei, this game is awesome, and based on all the improvements that were made to the previous game, I can't imagine what will become of this. Though I shouldn't thank you, I surely will waste 500 hours or more playing this game in the next few months.

The poison is not hard at all, agreed. I'd probably change one thing - a yellow snake or mosquito bite should have A CHANCE of poisoning instead of a guarantee. Sometimes you get a bit careless for a split second and that way you'd be cut some slack.

And it's not that waves are hard. But they're too frequent and too punishing for the sailing to be enjoyable. Of course they're quite easy to dodge - about as easy as the swamp tentacles in vanilla. But imagine most of the land in vanilla would be covered in tentacles. It would be simply too much of a hassle to live on such a continent. Waves should be half as frequent and the damage/wetness the incur should be also halved.

The poison is not hard at all, agreed. I'd probably change one thing - a yellow snake or mosquito bite should have A CHANCE of poisoning instead of a guarantee. Sometimes you get a bit careless for a split second and that way you'd be cut some slack.

And it's not that waves are hard. But they're too frequent and too punishing for the sailing to be enjoyable. Of course they're quite easy to dodge - about as easy as the swamp tentacles in vanilla. But imagine most of the land in vanilla would be covered in tentacles. It would be simply too much of a hassle to live on such a continent. Waves should be half as frequent and the damage/wetness the incur should be also halved.

Waves? Most of the time it helps me to travel faster on sea :D

It is a good mechanic and I think the current frequency is fine. Otherwise I would be flying on sea haha

Just go with the flow

Archived