Question About Boats and Armor

So 100% of damage taken goes to your boat durability??

Does that go for ALL types of boats/ rafts?

Does this mean armor worn by the player does nothing leaving my chest and head slot open for rain gear/ captains hat????

i just want to be clear on this before i go searching for the clockwerk knights.

Please Help :)

Yup. It's tricky though, one may think it's better but, well, you can wear armor and replenish a football helmet/log suit when it breaks, but the boat... you can only rely on repairing kits or creating new boats, far more expansive IMO. Otherwise, when boat durability reaches 0, you drown.

Yup. It's tricky though, one may think it's better but, well, you can wear armor and replenish a football helmet/log suit when it breaks, but the boat... you can only rely on repairing kits or creating new boats, far more expansive IMO. Otherwise, when boat durability reaches 0, you drown.

OK well how is that hard at all.

Just throw down a second Boat that's ready in your inv. Jump to it.  Done 

New boat.    if you have the materials to make a third boat, Boom three boats in the water and you can jump to any one of them like a party.   even surround an enemy .

i think i'm the first person to think of this

OK well how is that hard at all.

Just throw down a second Boat that's ready in your inv. Jump to it.  Done 

New boat.    if you have the materials to make a third boat, Boom three boats in the water and you can jump to any one of them like a party.   even surround an enemy .

i think i'm the first person to think of this

I personally use the ability to make structures and NOT place them right away to great advantage A LOT. Technically you could have 1 of each type of boat pre-made and not placed yet.

i also use this trick when making the alchemy machine. I will make the science wherever I can, then simply prototype the alchemy machine and not place it until I find the actual location for my base. It also really helps to do this with the wind resistant fire-pit, so that you will always have one in case the wind picks up when you are away from your base (makes travelling in hurricane season a lot easier when you don't have to carry around sandstone etc.

Okay, I also have one question regarding boats.

Situation:

1. - character informs of boat leaking ("I thing I sprung a leak")

2. - boat repair kit is used (repairing up to full stats, 200 on cargo boat)

3. - boat still leaks, its points decrease while used.

Is it a bug or is it supposed to be like that?

Archived