Structures blown down excessively by wind

I might just be mad because the only things the wind blew down for me were the hardest structures to replace, but I had a spider farm with a level 2 den and it got blown to bits, leaving me nowhere to get silk since I hadn't discovered any other islands with spiders yet. (I was playing as Wilson, not Webber, so I could neither craft them nor get silk from shaving.) Then a little later I was on another island that had the only Wildbore House I've found so far, and it got knocked down too. I wasn't able to rebuild it because most of my pig skins (obtained by hammering the pig heads around a touchstone) blew away after a lightning strike set fire to my chests, and I only had two left; even if I killed the now-homeless pig I'd be one skin short. I did find more spiders later on a new island, including a tier 3 den, but was unable to harvest and replant the eggs because I got poisoned by a Spider Warrior and had to drop everything to go make antivenom. Haven't found any more pigs.

I think the wind occasionally blowing structures down would be fine, but as it is, this is a huge pain in an already difficult season, especially since you'll be dealing with lightning and the resulting resource-destroying fires in your base as well if you haven't found enough gold for a lightning rod (in addition to the chest fire, a second strike cost me my science machines). It would also be easier to weather if it was easier to replace the stuff that gets knocked down; pig houses are expensive to craft and spider dens just explode into silk unless they're tier 3, but this would be less of a problem if naturally spawning pig houses and spider dens were either more common or more evenly distributed (since I can't tell if they're actually rare or if it's just a matter of your luck finding them).

Archived