Ventus - Don't Starve: Shipwrecked Daily Videos

ventus

Hi everyone. I thought it was about time I finally started using forums, so here we go.

Introduction

I'm Ventus. I've been playing Don't Starve since April 2014. I streamed the game daily last summer but had to stop for various reasons. Since then I've been making tutorial videos every once in a while and, as of recently, playing RoG adventure mode.

I've played nearly 2000 hours of Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together altogether. Despite all the hours played, Shipwrecked has been shiprekt'ing me pretty hard, but it's a great learning experience.

Don't Starve: Shipwrecked

Anyway, the good stuff. Every day, I'll be streaming and posting videos on YouTube.

As of posting this right now, I'm still on my very first world around day 70 or so. The last two seasons have been ridiculous and my real life sanity is now reflecting my in-game sanity. Regardless, I'm still alive and planning to rip the world apart to make a base sooner or later.

I hope you enjoy the videos as much as I enjoyed playing the game.

Thanks for watching.

Currently playing: Webber

Stream

Every Day

4 - 10 AM PST

1 - 7 PM CET

Schedule is a bit erratic because of Shipwrecked's release. Been streaming a lot longer than intended.

YouTube

Daily videos of Don't Starve and more.

Twitter

Updates and bleh.

If the video list has not been updated to the latest video, check YouTube to see if it's there and Twitter to see if there were any complications.

Webber

Episode 1 - Tropical Spider [Day 1 - 5]

Episode 2 - Snake Wrangler [Day 6 - 11]

Episode 3 - Arr, X Marks the Spot! [Day 11 - 15]

Episode 4 - The Long Trip Home [Day 15 - 21]

Episode 5 - Tropical Storm [Day 21-24]

Episode 6 - The Worst is Over [24-27]

Episode 7 - Unexpected Journey [27 - 29]

Episode 8 - Sanity MIA [29 - 32]

Episode 9 - Still Insane [32 - 36]

Episode 10 - Set Sail [36 - 39]

Episode 11 - Brain Power [39 - 45]

Episode 12 - Bird Chester [45 - 48]

Episode 13 - Waterlogged [48 - 53]

Episode 14 - Flood Evacuation [53 - 56]

Episode 15 - Endless Wetness [56 - 59]

Episode 16 - Apocalypse [59 - 62]

Episode 17 - Intense Heat [62 - 66]

Episode 18 - Mass Destruction [66 - 69]

Episode 19 - Volcanic Dodgeball [69 - 74]

Episode 20 - Respite [74 - 78]

Episode 21 - Reconstruction [78 - 82]

Episode 22 - Home Sweet Home [82 - 86]

Episode 23 - Bamboo Quest [86 - 91]

Episode 24 - More Bamboo [91 - 95]

If the video list has not been updated to the latest video, check YouTube to see if it's there and Twitter to see if there were any complications.

-

Bugs

A list of curious incidents. I'll try to provide video footage of these bugs.

Character

• Webber says "Volano rocks rock!" when examining Obsidian. Typo.
  • Packim Baggims gets stuck when you sail too far away from it. It also gets stuck when going through fog most of the time (not every time).

Combat

• Webber still automatically attacks nearby spiders when you press F to attack.
  • Packim Baggims can be targeted by F attack (whereas Chester must be force attacked)

Crashes

• I tried to plant a jungle tree seed and the game crashed. No errors shown; the game just closed. This was at dusk in a forest near a mangrove. There was a treasure chest nearby, my inventory was full and a hound wave was about to spawn.

Inventory

• Packim Baggims eats everything you shift-click into him.

Items

• Quickly switching from your torch to another item will produce a permanent light around your body.
  • Fishing rod sometimes says "Fish" even after you've hooked something, so you can't reel in. Possibly due to moving the cursor over your character while in the fishing animation.
  • Equiping an item onto a cargo boat from the boat inventory causes the currently equipped item to vanish.

Menu

Mobs

• Boars have very awkward attack patterns. They often attack air and kite nothing, sometimes even charging off screen. (It's quite comical.)
  • Boars speed up and become about 50-100% faster. Not sure if this is a bug or some superpowered effect. I've only encountered this once.
  • Hounds can spawn on water if you trigger the wave on land before all the hounds have been generated and then take to the sea.

Seasonal

Edited by ventus

Until I'm able to edit posts, I'll continue posting new videos and updates as we go.

I can edit now.

Webber

Episode 4 - The Long Trip Home [Day 15 - 21]

Bugs

• Volcanic haze camouflages shadow creatures when you highlight them (Link to other post)
  • Fishing rod sometimes says "Fish" even after you've hooked something, so you can't reel in. Possibly due to moving the cursor over your character while in the fishing animation.
Edited by ventus