Palm Tree Guards

Has anyone found a way to convince the tree guards to stop their assault?  I've attempted to plant many coconuts around them to calm them down like the Tree Guards from the other versions, but it hasn't seemed to work.

Do I need to plant more? Something else?

I've managed to get coconuts to work, but it took being really close to the guard/s, stupidly dangerously close. I've lost three separate rounds, including a 52 day run to Palm Guards. Those things need to be taken down a notch or three, they are WAY to common. And they don't de-agro ever. I've had them follow me farther than Tallbirds after stealing one of their eggs, and we all know how many screens that can take. I'll have to try jungle seeds,  I hadn't thought that would work, different seeds and biome.

@TheH1313 Try not to necro old posts, this one was over a month old. At the time, coconuts did not appease treeguards (there was a bug in the code where they were trying to appease the evergreen treeguards, but the coconut treeguards have a different name in the code), but they do now. As for dealing with them, keep in mind their coconut attack is very slow and has a large cooldown, so stay away from them until they start the attack, and then you can plant a coconut or two at their feet without worrying about their attacks at all. You should then move away so they do a ranged attack again, as their melee attacks always hit and hit quite hard. You can also kill them with this method instead; they don't have much health.

Archived