Map seeds, biomes and multilevel caves.

I've managed to get a dedicated server up and running with 2 shards talking to each other.  Now I have some questions:

1) Is there a way to specify a seed somewhere so my server always generates the same map?

I can get the seed from the server console by using `print(TheWorld.meta.seed)` but I don't know where to put that seed to make the server use it the next time it has to generate the map.

2) Are there any other override files like worldgenoverride.lua available? And can I get any control over which biomes are generated in the world? 

It seems that misc.task_set controls whether overworld or caves biomes are generated, but 2 options isn't terribly finegrained

3) Is it possible to set up a 3rd shard, and have sinkholes generate to link the 2nd and 3rd shards?

The end goal would be multilevel caves (possibly beyond 2 levels) with different sets of biomes in each. Not just mimicking the overworld/caves/ruins layout of singleplayer but  extending it further.

1 and 2 no idea

but 3 is possible if you make a second slave and point to the main caves level as the master. it can be used to mimick adventure mode and all. it can go infinitely, and idk how you make one slave and master but hey, it works. apparently.

Archived