New to Don't Starve... help with mods in dedicated server?

Hello~

So I recently started playing DST and somehow successfully set up a dedicated server... The server has the mods listed when you look at it in Browse Games, and runs perfectly fine, but half of the mods don't actually work. I spent hours looking at posts and just ended up getting more confused because there are multiple ways listed that all failed for me (or I kept doing it wrong). Could someone please share instructions for a noob like me... ;_;

Hello @elliesium, welcome to the forums. Without having anything else to go on like the log.txt file found in your Dedicated Server's Folders under Documents/Klei, then my best guess would be that the mods that aren't working aren't yet properly updated yet by their creators or your server wasn't able to download them properly. You did say you got some of the mods working, so can you go check under Steam/SteamApps/common/Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server/mods whether all the mods you specified in your modoverrides.lua (located in your Dedicated Server's Folders under Documents/Klei) were all downloaded by the Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server. If some mods are missing/not downloaded into this folder(Steam/SteamApps/common/Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server/mods) then I'd suggest either of the following:

• You download those mods normally through the game(Don't Starve Together), and move the mod files from Steam/SteamApps/common/Don't Starve Together/mods to Steam/SteamApps/common/Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server/mods manually.
  • Or use ForceEnableMod inside the modsettings.lua found under Steam/SteamApps/common/Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server/mods, and force enable all the mods you wanted.

I hope that wasn't too confusing, cheers.

Archived