[General] - Game crash after recent update

VeraMae

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Issue Title: Game crash after recent update

Issue Description: The game freezes screen and gives some coding nonsense (to me) error) when i dig up a tree. More specifically, it's rainning in the dark forest, i chop down one of those "perfectly normal trees" (for the living logs) and then crash when i try to dig up the stump.

Steps to Reproduce: Springtime, raining and lightning. Chop down the evil tree surrounded by the evil flowers, then dig up the stump, Crash.

Was playing as Wendy.

Hello @VeraMae, welcome to the forums. Firstly, did you have any mods while playing? Secondly, are any of these mods not yet updated yet to be compatible with the current DST Build? Check the mods workshop for all the mods you are using to see whether or not the modder hasn't updated it yet, cause that's probably why.

If none of these apply meaning you didn't have any mods when it happen, I'd suggest verifying the game cache and try to reproduce the crash after game finishes verifying. If it still crashes when you dig up perfectly normal trees' stumps. Close the game, and go to Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether and copy and attach the file called log.txt to your next post.

To attach posts, you click More Reply Options at the bottom of this thread page and you'll see the Attach Files option at the bottom of the text box that appears. Click Choose File, browse for the log.txt file then click Attach This File. Now Add Reply.

I hope that helps, cheers.

Archived