[Gameplay] - Dragged back by Chester

Sheyxa

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Issue Title: Dragged back by Chester

Issue Description: When walking away from Chester (with the eye in inventary) he doesn't follow and i'm being dragged backward to him.

Then he starts walking and I can walk too. And after a few seconds i'm dragged back to him again, as if he couldn't follow.

So impossible to walk and even more to escape monters that attack.

Also picking up object (berries, flower, grass...) was really slow and took forever.

So maybe, lagging game was the problem.

Steps to Reproduce: I was playing with Wenddy, on first day, few minutes after loggin in. Wilderness mode, in a friend only server.

Sorry, bug update because i was wrong.

Not related to Chester actually. I'm still being dragged backward on my steps when i left chester and the eye.

Bug still the same after I log out and in. Same problem with other characters.

Tried to change mouse and computer. Still the same.

Friend game (on same server) work fine. Will try again later and if not, uninstall and instatll again game.

@Sheyxa, firstly welcome to the forums. The lag you were experiencing can be attributed to the host's PC capability to run the server, and the internet connection between you and the host. Best thing I can suggest is to have the friend in your group with the best PC to run the server. 

The host(your friend's side) works fine cause they are hosting it on their own PC. You can see how well the game plays if you host your own game for a while. I don't have any other tips to give you, but I'll look around some more and let you know if I find anything else that might help.

Cheers.

Here are a few things I think you should look at to hopefully improve your DST experience and help the BETA:

Optional:

Creating a dedicated server may help make your experience playing DST with friends only a much smoother ride, since the dedicated server was meant to simplify hosting performance for the host. Right now there may be quite a few steps to follow, but if it works it'll be worth it. So I hope that helps for now, cheers.

Thank you for your reply and all the tips.

We actually tried to pick the best PC to run the server. If i'm hosting the server, the game is slowed for everyone.

Maybe our computers are both too old to be efficient enough... Too bad.

Thanks anyways.

Archived