[Gameplay] - Uncrossable land

JACotto

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Issue Title: Uncrossable land

Issue Description: My friend and I started a new server, and we saw the same world - terrain, items, creatures, etc. - but on his side of things, where I saw the ocean, he saw land. This land had nothing on it, and whenever he tried to walk on it, he would be rubberbanded back to actual land. It seemed like his client could recognize that where he was walking was supposed to be ocean, but it didn't load properly.

Steps to Reproduce: We simply started up a new server and that's what happened. It wasn't until he tried exploring in the direction of the land/ocean that we realized anything was amiss.

Hello @JACotto, welcome to the forums. Have you tried the method people used in this thread. They experienced the same thing you did. If that doesn't work, I suggest you try and verify the game cache for Don't Starve Together. If that doesn't work either, try reinstalling the whole game via deleting local game content and redownloading it again through steam, thats the last resort.

I hope that helps, cheers.

Archived