[Request/Help] Porting DS mod to DST.

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I just started playing DST with a few friends of mine that played DS previously. We played DS for quite a while before starting to play DST and we fell in love with this mod.  http://forums.kleientertainment.com/files/file/439-damage-indicators/

As far as I know, the mod hasn't been updated in quite some time and isn't ported to DST. I have no idea how to mod DS nor DST but, this mod is something that I'm so used to play with that I'd like to use it on DST. I want to know if it is actually possible to port this to DST as a client-side or server-side mod. If it is possible to port and anyone here on the forum has the know-how to port it I'd really appreciate someone porting it if it's not too much trouble. 

If it's not possible or nobody wants to spare the time to port it or make a new DST version, that's fine but, if it's possible then please let me know. I might try to learn how to mod and do it myself because I absolutely love the mod.  :joyous:

Okay so, I might just be doing something wrong but, I can't seem to get the mod to work. I've hosted a DST in-game server with the mod enable and had everyone that plays with me on my server download the mod but, it doesn't seem to work for any of us. Do I need to host a dedicated server with the mod and connect to it with the mod enabled via client as well or am I just doing something wrong?  :???: