Migrating server to Caves Beta Branch

Hello,

I've used this simple guide on the wikia to host a dedicated server which works fine, and I would like to migrate or even create a new server on the Caves beta branch. I've read the Playing Caves thread on how to enable caves and what I don't understand is this part:

Make sure your server is synced to the Caves Beta steam branch. To do this, run steamcmd or modify your scripts to the following:
steamcmd +login anonymous +app_update 343050 -beta cavesbeta validate +quit

Where do I enter that command? The simple version guide of setting up a dedicated server from the wikia doesn't mention anything about a "steamcmd" thing. I'm guessing that's the only step left for me to do for my server to be available on the cave beta branch.

Oh I'm dumb. I simply needed to update the Don't Starve Dedicated Server tool to the beta branch. :)

But now I'm having a different problem: the console commands don't work whatsoever. I'm hosting the server on the same computer I use to join the game, so I'm a dedicated_host/client. If I try to spawn something only the prefab appears, but I can't use it, spawning a mob such as deerclops only seems to spawn the prefab, and he just stays still.

How could I fix this problem so that I may use the console commands as an admin?

Archived