Another "Can't see my server" post...

Trying to run some dedicated servers on my local computer. I'm running Windows 7.

I can start my server, looks like it starts pretty much without issues. I can see the server on http://dstservers.jacklul.com/. (EvilAmarant7x's test) But I can't see the server inside DST, either in Browse or LAN. I asked a friend if he could see it and he couldn't either. I can't connect directly to it with the 'Connect' mod.

I think I did the port forwarding correctly on my router? I set it to forward 10990-10999 to my local IP address. I downloaded a 'Simple Port Tester' tool (link) that says success when I test ports within that range and failure for ports outside of that range. All of the port checker websites I've tried to use say it's not open though. And my server's startup log says "[Warning] Could not confirm port 10995 is open in the firewall.".

I've also looked at a TCPview program (link) to see if the dedicated server was working correctly, and it doesn't say that it's listening to remote ports? But maybe I just don't know how to read the output.

I have an AC1750 router if that matters.

Does anyone have any links to other tools they used to debug similar issues?

settings - Copy.ini

log.txt

post-228382-0-21657500-1443801161_thumb.

Your server is listening on port 10995 to any " * " remote address.

No error in the logs. (Except you don't have a slave server but that's ok)

As far as I can tell, you have a firewall problem. Did you opened the server port in it?

@Rtd I have windows firewall completely disabled and no other firewall software running on my PC. I've also disabled my routers "SPI Firewall" setting with AFAIK is the only firewall setting it has. Do you know of some way I can test if there's some firewall, packet filtering, etc. that I've missed?

So I've left my server up for awhile and I actually see traffic on the server. People joining and dying and leaving, etc. So I guess it's publicly exposed/accessible?

I just can't see it in my browse server list or even connect to it directly with IP/port information. I've tried 127.0.0.1, my local IP address, and my public IP address.

I saw some posts in the forums about other people having this issue, but I don't remember seeing that anyone got it resolved. Is it just an on-going issue with dedicated servers and joining from the same network?

FIgured out what the issue was!

My dedicated server was running a different version of the game than what my client was! Apparently there was an update in the day I was fiddling with the dedicated server.

Note to anyone that reads the thread: Make sure they're the same version! You can check your server's version with http://dstservers.jacklul.com/findmyserver and clicking your server; the box that pops up will have the version information. Your client version will be at the bottom of the screen once you click 'Play!'

Archived