I need help with making a mod...

PotetoKnife

So, I'm only like 12 years old. And i have no idea how to make a mod.. My first time, so I've already got the character selection screen art down, and I'm using the extended template and I have absolutely no idea what to do next, also, how do i give my Character Science Level 1 or something like that? agh! I'm bad at this x.x!

Hi PotetoKnife.  It helps if you ask really specific questions.  So for starters, you want to give your character "Science Level 1".  By that, do you mean that you want your character to be able to craft items that normally require a Science Machine without actually standing next to a Science Machine?

For that, you should look at the code for Wickerbottom, because she has that ability.  If I recall correctly, you're looking for the file scripts/prefabs/wickerbottom.lua in the don't starve directory.

In general, if you want to figure out how to do something, think of something in the game that already has the behavior you want, and use it as an example.

@keraunoscopia 

Ah, Thanks! Yeah I'm like terrible at explaining things.. xD Sorry for the trouble!

@keraunoscopia 

Ah, Thanks! Yeah I'm like terrible at explaining things.. xD Sorry for the trouble!

@keraunoscopia 

Archived