Weird Bearger behavior

Hi everyone,

I did some research about Bearger and his spawning mechanics, but I believe I encounter a weird behavior and I wanted to know if it's normal.

Last night, I was playing with my friend. First day of autumn, we heard some screams, "that sounded big" etc... Bearger was coming. We quickly took some gunpowder, weapons and others stuff and leave our camp to avoid massive destruction. But, after a while, screams dissapear, and no signs of Bearger. 

My question is : why did he screams at us, but did not come ? Is this because we leave our camp very quickly ?

I know he's seaking food, can we bait him with some honey or something ? To make sure he's dead.

Thanks for your advice.

PS : Sorry for my bad english, feel free to correct my mistakes.

Bearger in DST spawns just like Deerclops. Many people think that the roar/scream will follow the player that it was attached to, however once you hear the first roar, that is about where Bearger will spawn and moving out of your camp doesn't change anything; he'll still spawn in your camp because that's where you or your friends was when you heard the first roar. So, get ready for your base to be wrecked by Bearger or rollback if yoy think that's legit to do. On the server I play a lot, we have Bearger plopped in an empry biome we don't use so that he doesn't spawn again after Summer ends and doesn't wreck our base. We can still get Thick Furs from collecting fur tufts now and then so it's no big deal and is safer to just leave him far away from everything so that he's out the way unless he gets killed by some idiot who wants to fight stuff eagerly. So yeah, you'll have to go back to your base and kill him and some of your base will probably get destroyed, but you can, at the end of next Summer find a spot where to leave him and just hang around that spot till he spawns, then return to base and voila; no more Bearger problems!

That's the problem, after the roars, we came back at our camp, but nothing ! It wasn't here, and we waited in our camp for about two days. But nothing. Maybe it's a bug, i don't know.

Anyway, thanks for your advice, we also make a lot of gunpowder and sleep dart. He's about to get rekt !

Best not to make gunpowder because nitre is scarse as meteorites become less common and therefore... oh wait, caves are in, never mind. Though would be easier to just use Slurtle slime instead of gunpowder so you save up Nitre and charcoal for other stuff :)

Archived